For the ladies: hours spent?

In another thread I pointed out that providers have to do work outside of the actual encounter in order to run their business. My question to the providers is this:

How many hours of work do you think you have to do in order to provide one hour of service?

This could include:

Advertising and Web page management
Social networking or marketing
Photo shoots
Responding to potential clients
Screening
Preparing for sessions
General fitness and health (tanning, exercising)
Travel
Managing incall locations
Consulting with business professionals (lawyers, accountants)
Anything else I have forgotten?

Feel free to add all of those things up for a week or even a month and divide by the number of hours you spend in encounters to get an average. And please only add in time you'd honestly consider as being for the hobby. I'm not looking for costs incurred, like for hosting or photography or incall or gas. Just time spent.

I realize that there is every incentive for providers to exaggerate the amount of work they do, in order to push the "per hour" cost of their services down, but I'm willing to accept that and just see what the providers themselves consider to be their cost of doing business. Even a rough guess would be interesting.
I realize that there is every incentive for providers to exaggerate the amount of work they do

Then why bother asking the question if you think we are going to lie?
Because he's willing to accept that and just see what the providers themselves consider to be their cost of doing business. Even a rough guess would be interesting for him.
Q,

You forgot shopping for lingerie, toys, the needed supplies for basic sessions.

Me, personally.....I don't discuss what I do, what I have to do, how much I spend or how long I spend working on my business. I believe its a touchy subject. Unless you plan on paying for everything mentioned above.

My opinion of course.

Riddle me this batman.........does it matter how much time we spend getting that one hour session?
Grooming ~ 3 hours avg (does not include time for exercise, mani/pedi, wardrobe)
Screening/chat/exchange of directions ~ 1.5 hours (can range from less than 20 mins to 5+ hours)
Travel ~ 1 hour (does not include time spent gathering supplies)

That is just for a single hour appt. That is not including most of the rest of the stuff on the list because things like "photo shoots" are not done regularly enough to break down into an acceptable period of time for the purposes of this list.

Also, shopping for supplies (condoms, toys, fetish specific stuff, candles, etc) can take anywhere from 30 mins to several hour per week.

But that is just me. I take at least one day per week completely off (no emails, no texts, no shaving lol).
Grooming ~ 3 hours avg (does not include time for exercise, mani/pedi, wardrobe)
Screening/chat/exchange of directions ~ 1.5 hours (can range from less than 20 mins to 5+ hours)
Travel ~ 1 hour (does not include time spent gathering supplies)

That is just for a single hour appt. That is not including most of the rest of the stuff on the list because things like "photo shoots" are not done regularly enough to break down into an acceptable period of time for the purposes of this list.

Also, shopping for supplies (condoms, toys, fetish specific stuff, candles, etc) can take anywhere from 30 mins to several hour per week.

But that is just me. I take at least one day per week completely off (no emails, no texts, no shaving lol). Originally Posted by SillyGirl
I think a lot of guys (myself included) are surprised to know just how much goes into preparing for a session. It helps us to better appreciate the inconvenience to the provider if there's a no-show. The 3 hours of grooming for one session seems hard to believe, but I have no reason to doubt it.
Eh, I'm not super experienced with the hair styling so I'm slow lol. And it isn't all at once either. That sounds like a HUGE amount of time but it is all spread out, the biggest chunk is the hour before I leave.
Eh, I'm not super experienced with the hair styling so I'm slow lol. And it isn't all at once either. That sounds like a HUGE amount of time but it is all spread out, the biggest chunk is the hour before I leave. Originally Posted by SillyGirl
From the reviews I've read, I don't think the guys pay much attention to how your hair is styled unless you have a snapshot taped to your boobs. "Excuse me, eyes up here!"
Or taped to your lower back. LOL.
Then why bother asking the question if you think we are going to lie? Originally Posted by SillyGirl
I didn't say that you would lie. I said you had an incentive to lie. But because I trust and respect many of the providers here I was willing to accept their estimates.

And thank you for the responses. I didn't really need it broken down item by item. I really was just looking for a general statement along the lines of "I spend four hours working outside of a session for every hour in session."

I'm not trying to trick any ladies, or get info to use against them. I actually understand how behind-the-scenes work can get overlooked. I've worked at a university for more than 15 years. It is very common for someone to look at a professor's teaching load and think "Wow, he only works 6 hours a week?" Once you account for prep time, advising, grading, research, and service hours, you realize that 6 hours becomes 60 really easily.

And Elena, I did think about the shopping for toys and clothes but I wasn't sure how it would get amortized -- general use versus specific requests, as well as items that do duty for personal use. And I totally respect your choice not to disclose your numbers.

It would just be nice to be able to throw out a number when someone complains about the high cost of a session. "Well, I've heard from some providers that they spend x hours prepping for a one hour session, so take that into account."
Riddle me this batman.........does it matter how much time we spend getting that one hour session? Originally Posted by MsElena
I'm not sure I understand this question. If by "getting that one hour session", do you mean drumming up the business? I was including that under advertising, marketing, social networking, and responding to potential clients.

Am I misunderstanding you?
Q - I'll reply to your question with what Master Dennis used to tell the new girls at the end of an interview (and while sitting in the outer office I would bet I've heard it over a hundred times and I would also bet that I'm within a word or two of quoting him verbatim - my notations are in brackets):

"If you're going to do this, if you are working that day, you need to be working the whole day. When you're 'on', you're 'on'; you need to have yourself together. You get up, you get ready, you 'time on' and you're available. You need to have your throw-away [that's your outcall bag] and your incall ready the night before and be ready to go or answer [the phone] at any time. You never know when the next call will come. If you're not ready, some other girl will be and she'll take your money. But then, when you're 'off', you're 'off' - and you can do whatever you want with the money you've got in your pocket becasue you were 'on' and I do mean whatever, becasue your pocket will be full. Otherwise, you're always working. You can sit down here at the office or sit at home or at your incall, but you're always ready and everything you do is a part of it. It is always in your head, get used to it. Learn to deal with it or quit. But you won't make dime one unless you're ready and taking calls".

Obviously, taking Agency calls differs from working independently - in some respects. However, I have an extensive previous client base that doesn't always schedule in advance. I can't control when those calls will come. I can decide to turn off my phone and stop working - but in many respects what Dennis said is true - that most everything you do when you are working is a part of it (if you are treating this endeavor professionally). When you're "on", you're "on" and you need to be ready - or someone else will be . . . Nine times out of ten, unless they are seeing ONLY you, they don't wait - they go down the list.

So I guess my answer is that all my time is spent in support of the appointment on the day I am working - until I choose to be done. Even if I'm doing something else, my head is in it in some respect and I'm ready to take (or return) a call (or a text or an email) at any time - becasue, if I don't or if I can't, someone else will make the money that I just missed.

But, I may choose to get up and get ready, see one gentleman at 10:30 or 11:00 AM for a couple of hours and be done for the day . . . you just never know.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Q,

Hell, I don't remember writing half of that...I was half asleep. Sorry.

For a one hour session, if its incall - I'll spend 2 hrs getting ready. That includes getting my room ready, music set...candles lit, etc.

Outcall - I allow myself 2 1/2 hrs including travel time. That way I can set up any props/music/candles/wine...etc., in that extra 1/2 time.

I will say that I usually spend about 20 hours a week doing the leg work for my sessions.
And what nice legs they are Ms Elena!
the biggest chunk is the hour before I leave. Originally Posted by SillyGirl
I agree with Muffrider. Based on what I've read, what you're doing in that hour may be fantastic, but what happens in the next hour beats it hands down! BTW, I don't don't shave one day either, usually Saturdays!