So, how's this Notepad thingy work?

Probably a stupid question, but I'm at work with nothing to do, and am curious. A potent, sometimes deadly combination.

I find that many of the PMs I get, and even some of the replies I post (where to stay in FW, for example) can be answered starting with the same basic template and then edited to suit the individual circumstance.

I've never used the Notepad in my ECCIE user profile, but I looked at it today. It looks like the only way it can store multiple notes is by doing so all together -- if you want to differentiate between two notes, you'd have to do so with hyphens or asterisks or double-spaces or something like that.

Correct? More generally, when you find yourself typing the same hobby-related messages over and over and want to use a template, what do you use?
I don't store hobby stuff but in my day to day I have to regurgitate information a lot. I use Tomboy notes to store my templates. It is easy to store, sort, and search. Could be useful here but it is stored on the local system.
Correct. The notepad is just that. A place to leave notes for yourself about what ever. Its not multi paged. Its just one long piece of paper if you will.
Did not even know ECCIE had a Notepad feature. I think I need to find one of those self help reference books: perhaps ECCIE for Dummies
I use the notepad for my eccie and p411 "to do" lists.
Did not even know ECCIE had a Notepad feature. I think I need to find one of those self help reference books: perhaps ECCIE for Dummies Originally Posted by Bonferroni
That's a good one. LOL.
I use a Big Chief tablet.
I use the ECCIE notepad only in cases, when I have to put names on my to do lists and the girls aren't on P411. They are there permanently, had some for almost since I have been on ECCIE.