Worst crop of vegetables ever

So disappointed with the vegetable garden this year. They got too much water at once, and then not enough sun for weeks and then suddenly it was too hot!

On another note, several of my mature large trees in the yard have yellow leaves and are already dropping. Never seen that before....anyone else seeing alot of leaves falling early?
Yeah.
I thought i'd get a jump on the 'maters this year.
Who would ever suspect that we'd get so much rain.
And the lack of sun do to the cloud cover didn't do much.

Finally producing now. But I get home so damn late I can't see the ready ones.

I hope I can do better next year.

Thinking about enclosing them for the winter like I seen one guy do.
I wonder how a fall garden will do this year. Maybe replant in sep?
So disappointed with the vegetable garden this year. They got too much water at once, and then not enough sun for weeks and then suddenly it was too hot!

On another note, several of my mature large trees in the yard have yellow leaves and are already dropping. Never seen that before....anyone else seeing alot of leaves falling early? Originally Posted by tpepsi
tpep, what type of trees are you referring to ? Live oaks will put on more leaves than they actually need in the spring ( especially after the multi-year drought that we've finally come out of ) as a "defense" mechanism. They will shed leaves during times of heat stress to prevent losing too much water through their natural "process" of growing. You might consider calling Shades of Green nursery and ask to speak to Bob Webster and tell him what is going on with your trees. He's REAL sharp on being able to diagnose problems with trees and plants. And if not him, the county agricultural agent might be able to tell you what is going on- needs more fertilizer, more of a certain mineral, etc. Hope this helps
Shamefully, I don't know. They are not oak, those are doing okay.

One is a large tree that looks like a Chinaberry tree, but I'm not sure it is.
I've found that my garden has yielded a large crop of rabbit meat this year. With the rains we had, the rabbits have been out in force. I may not have the veggies I hoped for, but I've snared lots of delicious rabbits.

On another note. Make sure if the skunk caught in the snare is dead before you go to remove.

My Crepe Myrtles and Lace bark Elms exploded in growth from 1 1/2 months of non stop rain. The ground in my yard is dried up again and cracked.
��������lol retired talk thread?