What's with the trend of the ramen noodle places

Seems to be the new hip restaurant. Seen a lot of them pop up recently.

Anyone try one? Any good?
Great if your body can handle the 50 grams of carbs in one shot.

Had this bowl at 20 Foot Seafood (E. Dallas); very good. That is fried pork belly with egg and noodle in a rich broth. Nice winter dish.
I'm not a fan of Ramen Noodles, their not even real food. The dish you posted loos delicious though
Don't care for ramen either but a huge fan of Beca Blossom, any touring of Dallas ?
This place is viewed by many as the birthplace of noodle bars for "white" people. Crazy good food.

http://momofuku.com/new-york/noodle-bar/dinner/
  • 5T3V3
  • 05-20-2015, 01:50 PM
you have to have some place to launder the spa money ... rookies!
The Ramen that the OP is talking about isn't the stuff you likely grew up with...

This is crap food:

The new Ramen noodle places have taken it to a new level of dining:

• Tetas
  • 05-20-2015, 05:30 PM
What you mean "crap"???
I'd have never lived through college and my bachelor years with out Ramens!!!!
What you mean "crap"???
I'd have never lived through college and my bachelor years with out Ramens!!!! Originally Posted by Tetas
How about "sustaining crap"? Does that make you happy? It still doesn't make it more palatable.
HAHA...yeah, I hear ya....cheap, easy, convenient.

But now that you are a man of worldly values upgrade your Ramen...try something like this:

What you mean "crap"???
I'd have never lived through college and my bachelor years with out Ramens!!!! Originally Posted by Tetas
  • mam5
  • 05-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Great if your body can handle the 50 grams of carbs in one shot. Originally Posted by alaine
i'd be more concerned with the 1000mg of sodium per serving
  • 5T3V3
  • 05-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Ok my guilty confession is sometimes I crave and eat a Ramen. Not fancy but something very satisfying.
I want to try it!! Love Chinese grub!