No handle but saw my ad here?

So I recieved an email from someone saying they had saw my ad on here but didn't have a handle. My first instinct was to not see them because that seems kind of fishy to me.. If you regular this site and look at ads why don't you get a handle?

I was just curious on everyone's opinions on the subject.

I ended up asking the client if he had reviews and he only had one iffy person so I decided not to see him.
Yes, the general public can read posts without signing in. However, certain sections are only accessible by signing in. I have had gentlemen find me this way, and I always switch them over to full screening (full name, employment, etc)
Cool thanks!
I wasn't entirely sure how this board works. I tried to verify his reference and it didn't go through. She said she never heard of him. Smh.
Amber, your showcase (well, most of your showcase) is visible to all lurkers as well as members here. So your email is totally visible.

Being new to the crew, as you search around, you'll find some people here are totally honest, and, unfortunately, some not so honest either here or "out there" somewhere.

Screening and vouching are your best security.

Glad you were able to gain Verified Provider status and even more glad that you are concerned about security!

Happy Hobbying!
Best to stay with guys you can verify or screen. I think the problem is that some guys that come to this site looking to get laid don't know about screening and such. They are used to Backpage. Also, a bunch of them probably don't want to join because they are afraid of giving any personal info that they think they would have to give or they think they have to pay to join.