My friend UFriend will be first in line to buy it...

... when it's developed and released:

StarTrek.com, in June, 2011, reported that, inspired in large part by Star Trek, the not-for-profit organization X PRIZE Foundation and communications giant Qualcomm planned to launch a contest that would ultimately bestow $10 million upon anyone or any team that could develop a practical, lightweight, mobile, real-world version of Star Trek’s fictional Tricorder that everyday folks could use at home, without the presence of a doctor or health care provider, to evaluate health issues. The competition kicked off in 2012 and is well under way, and we thought it was time for update.
$10 Million Qualcomm Tricorder Competition: An Update

Cheers,

bcg
cool....
I thought of Star Trek when I first saw this thing:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2247623.html

We're getting closer!
I thought of Star Trek when I first saw this thing:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2247623.html Originally Posted by SexyBritneyJ
It's a good thing I'm not a Jobs cultist; I work at an academic health center, and I've sat through too many cardiology lectures. I know enough about how to read EKGs to be dangerous. With my luck, I'd use it on myself, see something worrisome (that really isn't much of anything), and worry myself into incapacity. :-)

We're getting closer! Originally Posted by SexyBritneyJ
Hell... I was in the Navy back in 1983 or so, and I had to do two weeks on a destroyer as an orientation to the fleet (being a staff corps officer, I didn't need to actually go out on those big grey monsters). Back then GPS was only something the military had, and we'd be amazed at it. If you'd told me back then that you would be using it on a wireless phone you can hold in your hands, I'd have told you that you were out of your mind...

Cheers,

bcg
It's a good thing I'm not a Jobs cultist; I work at an academic health center, and I've sat through too many cardiology lectures. I know enough about how to read EKGs to be dangerous. With my luck, I'd use it on myself, see something worrisome (that really isn't much of anything), and worry myself into incapacity. :-) Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Send it over to me any time. I'm fairly good at it.
Me and my calipers are waiting!
Hey Bluff, where did ufriend go?
Hey Bluff, where did ufriend go? Originally Posted by Sonoman
I think I last saw him back before I took my last long hiatus from here.

If he was lucky, he found the love of his life and is happily retired from the hobby. Unlike me, forever alone and miserably retired from the hobby.

Cheers,

bcg
I've wonder several times if he hasn't simply faded away to return up reincarnated.

I think I last saw him back before I took my last long hiatus from here.

If he was lucky, he found the love of his life and is happily retired from the hobby. Unlike me, forever alone and miserably retired from the hobby.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
That's my retirement plan!
Happy Thanksgiving holiday everyone.

I have been in touch with Urfriend recently and he is doing well. He is no longer in the same relationship. Turns out the weren't a good match. He is busy taking care of his parents who are retired and has a few sicknesses. I will tell him that you all said hi.

Hugs,
Juliette

Happy Thanksgiving holiday everyone.

I have been in touch with Urfriend recently and he is doing well. He is no longer in the same relationship. Turns out the weren't a good match. He is busy taking care of his parents who are retired and has a few sicknesses. I will tell him that you all said hi. Originally Posted by Gfe Juliette
I'm sorry to hear about the relationship implosion, but I know the feeling, since I've had just about every relationship I've ever had end up the same way.

Thank you for the update!

Cheers,

bcg
tell him hi from his Nola slut friend! lol