Moving to Mesquite-need some advice

Hi everyone, I'm seriously thinking about coming back to the area but was wanting to stay a little towards the east side of D/FW- Like (1) Mesquite or (2)Balch Springs , (3) far East Dallas, maybe, . But I really don't know anything about those towns.

I was hoping to get some advice on what areas, esp. in Mesquite I might should avoid.

Any input would be appreciated!
I lived in Mesquite when I first came out of retirement.

Places to avoid in Mesquite? All of it.

Seriously...there are a few guys out that way, but in general, I would never live or work there again. It's too far East of the Tollway, and not enough business to warrant having an incall out there. Just my two cents.
Kay-

Of the places you named, Mesquite would be the best. Or, more realistically, the least worst. I dated a girl who lived in one of Mesquite's better neighborhoods. I was always apprehensive about leaving my beater parked out front.

My suggestion: try to find a place in Garland that you can afford.

XOXO
Garland cops are worse than Irving(and Irving is gawd awful), I'm just saying..............

Work and live in Mesquite before you go to Garland. It's the lesser of the evils. Or do the smartest move, and don't go to either place.

North Dallas or downtown, and anything off the Tollway, are the best bets.
Arlington is a very friendly city!! WINK WINK
  • Jaci
  • 03-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Mesquite
Balch Springs is trashy for the most part...
Jaci
  • hd
  • 03-02-2012, 06:38 AM
I have to stand up for Mesquite since I live in the north part. I like it as a place to live, been there 25 years, as safe or more that other locals, but for ladies doing business, not good.

At least in my opinion you, need to be around Central Expwy or west.
Kay....cum a little farther east. Thinkin' Rockwall, Royce City, whatever. Just closer to Greenville!
Thanks for all of the input everyone.

Now, Im even more confused-lol.

I think I'll just move to Vegas! Nah - well, hmmm, maybe!

repairman- I miss Arlington, thats been home for me for 30 yrs!
But its really not very provider friendly.

Angus, well I think Mesquite might be a little closer than where Im at now?
Hi Kay,
In case you don't already know, Mesquite is about the most eastern part of the metroplex. You might also consider Lewisville or Carrollton. I think they're similar to Mesquite as far as property values (assuming you're looking for a house) and they're both more central to the metroplex albeit a bit more north too. Happy hunting.
Kay, Mesquite is about 10 miles closer than Mineola for me. Just move to Greenville! lol