Local Breweries? Recommendations?

I will be in the Midwest in September and I love visiting and collecting glasses from local breweries. I also loving trying the local flavors!

With my upcoming trip looming ahead, I need a good suggestion for a local Brewery in Des Moines! Any ideas???

Smooch!

Lea
Don't know about Des Moines but Cedar Rapids has Lions Bridge that is excellent and Decorah has Toppling Goliath that often has a brew in the top 10 or 20 in the US.
Confluence is the go-to in Des Moines IMPO. There are other good ones - Exile Brewing, Peace Tree, and Court Ave Restaurant and Brewing.
okay - Confluence is the go to. also, if your wanting food and that serves a large assortment of breweries, El Bait Shop or Iowa Taproom would be the go to.
IF your out in West Des Moines, Barn Town is the Beer Flavored nipples that everyone strokes about. Good Food. I personally would do Fox Brewing or Twisted Vine.

If your out in Ankeny (north suburb) Firetrucker and also Mistress would be the two.

if still in Des Moines area and can make it to 515, just right out side of DSM in a suburb, you will find some tastey beers there.

If your only in downtown, El Bait Shop and Iowa Taproom would be ones, but also Court Avenue Brewing and Exile Brewing are reachable and serve food.

I will be in the Midwest in September and I love visiting and collecting glasses from local breweries. I also loving trying the local flavors!

With my upcoming trip looming ahead, I need a good suggestion for a local Brewery in Des Moines! Any ideas???

Smooch!

Lea Originally Posted by Lea Madisson
For
good Beer and Food it is Exile. Been many times
I'm not sure about their brewed beer but I know flix brewhouse has good food, drinks and movies
There’s a brew house called Back Pocket Brewery in Coralville ,IA and then there’s a bigger one in KCMO Called Boulevard
Des Moines:

Confluence
Twisted Vine
515 Brewery

El Bait shop has hundreds of beers
Iowa Tap Room is all beers from Iowa and GREAT food

Iowa City
Big Grove has an amazing beer garden and beer. Serve food too
I’ll have to check out Des Moines sometime.
you totally should. It's a fun town. Plenty of good places to eat and drink.
Well I’ve been to the Des Moines quite a a few times but never to the brewery