Do you pay taxes?

I was preparing my taxes last night ... wish I could deduct all the money I paid to the providers!

Just a thought .... if you are a provider, do you pay uncle sam like rest of us?
LOL sorry to hear that about your deductions. You will probably get a better response if you post this in the main/national forum. This is a business section for people to offer services such as photography, web design, etc.

Description under section title:

Business Services for Providers
Use this forum to post on the wide range of business services available to providers. (Website design, screening & scheduling, photography, etc.) You may advertise your services here or providers "in need of" business services may post here as well.
Of course…Everybody pays their taxes! And if they didn't do you really think they would admit it and get the black helicopters looking for them.

Better advice would be to look into forfeiture laws and see if you are at risk! If it is determined you have paid for something (house, car, etc.) with money earned in certain circumstances, it can be seized.

Everything you have should be owned by a trust. Even your checking account should be a trust account. If you get sued (being the litigious society we have become) you can literally laugh all the way to bank...tell them to sue you for everything you own! Which would be nothing. Suing would be a waste of time and most likely not pursued.

Of course they can still go after a trust if certain things can be proven. Trusts set up to facilitate fraud, evade taxes, etc. will do you no good...which is why an attorney is worth the money!

I am not an attorney so please discuss this, your estate planning, etc. with a qualified attorney in the state in which you live and possibly hobby...because crossing state lines complicates state tax issues! Even pro athletes, to my understanding, have to pay taxes in the states in which they participate in their sport. States are like Jerry McGuire…show me the money (you earned in our state)! Bless the state of Texas, Florida and some other states with no state taxes!!! I gave myself a raise moving to Texas and you might consider what I have saved paid for my hobbies.

Play safe!
I claim enough to be considered a functioning citizen. I don't claim all of my earnings. That would kill my student loan repayment plan
Of course we pay taxes. You can get in trouble for not paying taxes, no?
I gave myself a raise moving to Texas and you might consider what I have saved paid for my hobbies.
Originally Posted by TrueGentleman1
you might have, but consider that Texas has high property tax rates, high sales tax, and other revenue-raisers, such as a tax on business assets.. most people don't come out ahead living in Texas.
Hahahahahahahaha

Just look at the people that say they need help getting an apartment, a car loan etc because they have no verifiable income.

These young girls are going to fuck themselves in the long run and they don't give a shit because it is about money in the hand right now.

They will say things like "A aint paying no taxes to the man, I am keeping all my money"

They spend money as they get it with expensive crap and save nothing.

(I am aware that some do know what they are doing and claim earned income)

But easily 95% don't.
I don't pay taxes. I get held at gunpoint by taxes.

I went several years without filing my taxes. At one point in time, I was a "I ain't paying no taxes to the man" type of girl. But then I decided to do the right thing and now I have an insane amount of back taxes due. It's pretty stressful, but I'm glad to be doing the right thing finally.

Hahahahahahahaha

Just look at the people that say they need help getting an apartment, a car loan etc because they have no verifiable income.

These young girls are going to fuck themselves in the long run and they don't give a shit because it is about money in the hand right now.

They will say things like "A aint paying no taxes to the man, I am keeping all my money"

They spend money as they get it with expensive crap and save nothing.

(I am aware that some do know what they are doing and claim earned income)

But easily 95% don't. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
You have to really plan ahead .... that self-employment tax of 15.3% hits you really hard at tax time..... I'm self employed too. I suggest you plan ahead and keep aside uncle Sam's share when you can throughout the year,
I claim enough to be considered a functioning citizen. I don't claim all of my earnings. That would kill my student loan repayment plan Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
I went several years without filing my taxes. At one point in time, I was a "I ain't paying no taxes to the man" type of girl. But then I decided to do the right thing and now I have an insane amount of back taxes due. It's pretty stressful, but I'm glad to be doing the right thing finally. Originally Posted by CarmenFoxx
Of course everyone pays taxes, and those who say they are not are just kidding.
I claim enough to be considered a functioning citizen. I don't claim all of my earnings. That would kill my student loan repayment plan Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
Lmao!!

You do know how fucked up this reads, right??

Some asshat who works for the IRS (and maybe even hobbies) could be going, "Sooo, you don't pay ALL your taxes, do you? Well, maybe we can help you with that."

I'm not saying it. Not knocking your hustle, but anyone who's a conniving bastard could take this the wrong way.
Ladies and gents, NEVER EVER post in a public forum that you don't claim all your income or don't pay taxes.
Put simply, if you write something in your diary and you don’t want anyone to read it, then please, do not put it on the internet where everyone can.
It would be nice if you could claim payments to your student loan as a deduction.
Remember, not paying taxes was how they got Al Capone.

Every time I hear politicians talk about sticking it to the rich, I think of me. The average American is wealthier than 50% of the worlds population.
Why not lower taxes so we can all have a Merry Christmas.
Put simply, if you write something in your diary and you don’t want anyone to read it, then please, do not put it on the internet where everyone can.
It would be nice if you could claim payments to your student loan as a deduction.
Remember, not paying taxes was how they got Al Capone.

Every time I hear politicians talk about sticking it to the rich, I think of me. The average American is wealthier than 50% of the worlds population.
Why not lower taxes so we can all have a Merry Christmas. Originally Posted by ugotme10
You are paying for those that dont pay taxes.

There are starving people out there with 5 kids you are supporting...