How Grand Juries Work?

• grean
  • 10-29-2018, 01:45 PM
Are the defendant's identity known to those on Grand Juries? Are the identifies of those indicted masked and just alleged crimes with evidence presented?
Are the defendant's identity known to those on Grand Juries? Are the identifies of those indicted masked and just alleged crimes with evidence presented? Originally Posted by grean
You should probably be more specific and separate the 2 questions.

a. Are the defendant's identity known to those on Grand Juries?

Do you mean before they are selected and sworn to serve on the Grand Jury? Or do you mean at the time the facts of the events are being presented to the Grand Jurors while IN SESSION as Grand Jurors?

b. Are the identifies of those indicted masked and just alleged crimes with evidence presented?

This question needs to be divided and explained a bit for a good answer.
  • grean
  • 10-29-2018, 02:31 PM
You should probably be more specific and separate the 2 questions.

a. Are the defendant's identity known to those on Grand Juries?

Do you mean before they are selected and sworn to serve on the Grand Jury? Or do you mean at the time the facts of the events are being presented to the Grand Jurors while IN SESSION as Grand Jurors?

b. Are the identifies of those indicted masked and just alleged crimes with evidence presented?

This question needs to be divided and explained a bit for a good answer. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I mean, after they are sworn in and while in session when the facts are presented....I think.

I'm thinking about Ken Paxton, specifically.

Would the jurors have known when deciding on whether to indict that they were indicting, or not, the Texas AG, or could the charges have been against you or I and the grand jury not know, and therefore stay unbiased?
Of course they would know. That's why his supporters (owners) are paying big bucks to his attorneys for delays. It's a GOP thing. We may be indicted on multiple counts....butt we still running and getting our share lol

Just lie lie lie and the stupid people will believe it
  • grean
  • 10-31-2018, 12:55 PM
So....Ken Paxton? A political kick ball or did he actually do something wrong, allegedly?