Petition To Cap Federal Spending...

Sen. Jim Dimint is offering up a petition to adopt a consititutional amendment to cap spending - "Balanced Budget Ammendment".....if your interested, here is the link. Take a look and sign up if you are so inclinded...

http://cutcapbalancepledge.com/
  • Doove
  • 06-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Sen. Jim Dimint is offering up a petition to adopt a consititutional amendment to cap spending - "Balanced Budget Ammendment".....if your interested, here is the link. Take a look and sign up if you are so inclinded...

http://cutcapbalancepledge.com/ Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Would it apply when there's a Republican President?

And this:

Balance - Congressional passage of a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution -- but only if it includes both a spending limitation and a super-majority for raising taxes, in addition to balancing revenues and expenses.

Requiring a super-majority for raising taxes? What a crock-o-shit.
by definition, it would be part of the constituion that all future presdients swear to uphold....and 2/3 vote for tax increases would allow increases in the event of national emergiencies or other situation in that a super majority can agree to.

Would it apply when there's a Republican President?

And this:

Balance - Congressional passage of a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution -- but only if it includes both a spending limitation and a super-majority for raising taxes, in addition to balancing revenues and expenses.

Requiring a super-majority for raising taxes? What a crock-o-shit. Originally Posted by Doove
  • Doove
  • 06-24-2011, 02:23 PM
and 2/3 vote for tax increases would allow increases in the event of national emergiencies or other situation in that a super majority can agree to. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Listening to the rhetoric coming from the right, i thought the current debt situation was a national emergency.
Super majority to raise taxes is what got California so fucked up. They could very easily get out of their current mess my modestly, and temporarily, raising taxes.
A super majority isn't what has made a mess of the California economy; it isn't that simplistic.

The people of California know that with politicans (both parties) there is no such thing as a "temporary" tax....

California is ranked 2nd in the most taxed state and it is killing their economy. I think most Californians would disagree with your solution to raise their taxes to solve thier financial problems.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/15.html
But for the ECCIE readers who don't follow things, here is what TTH really thinks.........kinda reminds me of of some of the ignornant racists southerners of the 1950s...they were known as Dixiecrats because of their southern Democractic affilations.

In prior post TTH says: "Here's what I want: You and the rest of the American Taliban to get the fuck out of this free country. If you want to live in theocracy, pack your shit, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, hit the fuckin' road!! Leave America for those of us who really believe in freedom, liberty and the Constitution. I've had my belly full of poseurs"
But not to digress from my original thread that TTH was trying to hijack....

If you think government spending is getting out of hand, then visit this web site, read up on things, and sign the petition if you are of like mind...

Tax cuts do not create jobs. The last 10 years proves that. Jobs grew under Clinton at four times the rate under Bush or Obama (who extended them).

Demint is a moron.
When are you economic theory basket cases going to realize that Tax Cuts/Revenue Decreases while we started two gigantic wars were half of what caused the surrent economy and that the other half you can blame entirely on Wall Street, The Lenders and their use of fake mortgage insurance called Credit Default Swaps?
Tax cuts do not create jobs. The last 10 years proves that. Jobs grew under Clinton at four times the rate under Bush or Obama (who extended them).

Demint is a moron. Originally Posted by Little Stevie
Clinton had the .com economy + the phoney housing market, he and barney created
Clinton had the .com economy + the phoney housing market, he and barney created Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Blame Carter for the Community Reinvestment Act but while you're at it, realize that at NO time did it tell a lending institution it had to loan money to someone who was a deadbeat or who could not pay it back. NEVER!

Barney Frank had little to no knowledge of the real causes of the Housing Bubble bursting. You can blame those who doctored the applications and qualification but most of all, the people who figured out how to circumvent insurance regulation by creating derivatives called Credit Default Swaps that were used to replace mortgage default insurance policies.

I would appreciate it if people who didn't know better would quit repeating what they heard on talk radio and Fox News. Go Google Brooksley Born and how she tried to warn Greenspan about the CDS derivatives her agency was supposed to regulate.

Seriously, rather that making unsubstantiated comments that have no basis in fact, do some research and reading about the CRA and Credit Default Swaps and come back. We'll talk.

At the time they were "invented" there were but a few dozen people in the nation who even understood Credit Default Swaps. They were a convenient way to get around the actuarial regulators that oversaw insurance instruments because they weren't listed as insurance instruments.

The Dot com boom was Clinton's luck? What was Bush "charging" two major wars and at the same time REDUCING revenues with tax cuts? Smart?

LMAO!
Facts are troublesome things.

Full article here: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...onomic-growth/
I suppose if you don't like the topic of my thread you could start your own "Don't Sign Jim Demint's pledge" thread....but the liberal tweekers only respond by hijacking conservative threads..

Kinda like liberal talk radio and tv; nobody tunes in.

Again, if you want to read about what is stirring up all these crazies, here is the link;

whoooooooosh.................. ...

Why follow the link when it is meaningless, superficial and won't do anything but further hurt the economy?

"Uli" is a "Mintal Midget" - well maybe he's just "Deminted".

Whatever his affliction, he simply doesn't "get it".