some of you might enjoy that my bank account was robbed $3000

Just thought I'd post for everyone to be safe this holidays. I didn't even purchase anything online. Apparently somebody that worked at a store wrote down my cc info after a purchase and completely wiped out my account to $0. So make sure you always have a backup account. It will be credited back but may take up to 10 days. I'm sure some of you are laughing cause you have harst feelings for me, so laugh away. My hobby funds are kaaapuutt for the next few days.
Sorry to hear that. Really sucks. Never a good time of year for it to happen but this close to Xmas? Hope it does not disrupt your holiday plans.
Thanks bubba. Naw I have plenty of family to help me if needed and credit cards and a emergency savings, but it's just the thought that somebody could use stolen money to but their childrens gifts. Makes me sick. I can't stand thieves. Charges were Toys-R-US, Walmart, Target. Wish I could have me a shopping spree lol. But i'm lucky it was just an account. My buddies GF's house was robbed three days ago and they got all the presents. What a sad story.
Sorry to hear that.
I hope things work out for you. I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you.
When I was talking to you you earlier and then you sent me that text, my jaw dropped. I am so sorry that happened to you.
but it's just the thought that somebody could use stolen money to but their childrens gifts. Makes me sick. Originally Posted by unteagle
Sorry, that sucks, wouldn't wish bad shit Lile that on anyone. Good to hear youll be credited bak the full amount.

I did get a kick out of the above statement. I would think of all the things a thief might spend your money on, buying kids Christmas presents would be about the best possible scenario. I thought I read you wrong the first time, had to read it twice. Are you The Grinch? That might explain the other thread, too. Now it's all coming together.
You seem to be having some unusually bad luck.

If they made purchases at the stores you mentioned their loss prevention should easily be able to identify the thieves.

Would love to hear the follow up if they were caught and what merchant took advantage of your card information.
That sucks, sir. Had it happen to me to the tune of about $1200 a few months ago over some fraudulent debit card transactions. The bank finally reimbursed me, but it took almost two weeks. I bailed on that bank claiming that it should not be easier for someone else to use my money than it is for me. It was a business account and I needed access to that cash. Sorry it happened, especially at this time of year.
You seem to be having some unusually bad luck.

If they made purchases at the stores you mentioned their loss prevention should easily be able to identify the thieves.

Would love to hear the follow up if they were caught and what merchant took advantage of your card information. Originally Posted by Boltfan
I had my cc# stolen and several $1000 dollars charged to an online retailer. I managed to get ahold of the girl who had taken the order over the phone, and she had email addresses, a physical ship address, phone numbers, etc. on whoever it was that was charging up my card. I called my cc company and tried to give them the information, they wouldn't take it. They had zero interest in pursuing the thief. Guess they just look at it as a write off, but it really burned my ass.
Moral of the story -- ALWAYS ALWAYS use a credit card for any purchase.. Never ever use a debit card or your bank account for any transactions-more so for online purchases.

Money once gone from your account or debit card -- is gone forever- you can kiss it goodbye. You have little to no recourse. Whereas with a credit card ,you can dispute any transaction within 60 days and any fraudulent charges will be refunded unlike a debit card or bank account.
Sorry for your loss. I spent over twenty years in the Navy, retiring many years ago. In the 60s when we found thieves, they usually had broken bones by the time the Navy authorities got them. I cannot think of anything I detest more than a thief.
haha, that grinch comment made me fall out of my chair laughing.
Payback for all the bad things I've done in life I suppose. The problem with sorting this all out is there are like 50 charges and I have to figure out which ones are legit and which ones are fraud. And yeah, CC all the way. I'm just in habit of using my check card. thanks for all the replies everyone.
Sorry to here about this. I have had money stolen from my Visa Check card and it was someone in another state. The money was refunded, but it still sucks.

Best of luck.
Like you or not, I wouldnt wish that on anyone.I went through the exact same thing 2 years ago.It is a pain in the ass.Hope it all works out.