Sturgis 2013 Aug 5-11

I am planning a trip to Sturgis this year. Will be traveling with others.
Looking for ladies and gents with motorcycles to come join us for the ride.
Not all items or schedules are worked out yet, but starting to put a plan together.
Any volunteers wanting to help put this together or you have some experence with going to Sturgis please PM me.
Items to work out:
Riding, during the day or night, travel trailers to transport bikes, places to stay, and I heard you can work at the Sturgis bar while we are there. Your thoughts or suggests?

DannyDee
Always wanted to go there. I would have to trailer the bike, tho.
Yes we are hoping to get enough trailers to tailer them if needed.
It's a blast. Have fun brother. I've been several times and always had a blast.
Make sure you ride to Deadwood and Mount Rushmore. Party at the buffalo chip and all the bars on the strip. Most of the women aren't good looking but we always take a group of strippers or have them meet us there. Party on and be safe and careful.
Thanks Perfectly, I plan on partying and having a blast. I want to do the mayors ride? Is that a good ride to take while we are there?
  • Jaci
  • 01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I have been to Sturgis several times it is a blast!!!! You will enjoy it..
Kisses, Jaci
Jaci hit the nail on the head, it's good times for sure! A few of us go every year and we're doing the same this year. I have roots around there so I've been there both for rally and the rest of year when it's a ghost town. PM me and maybe I can help out or at least answer some questions. If you don't or have already received some help then here's a couple of tips. Keep in mind that its like having every theme park in the country all in one spot, you won't do it all in one year so just enjoy the ride and don't try to plan everything to the minute. Pick out a few things that you know you want to do for sure and then just let everything else happen. Trust me on that one cuz you'll have a lot more fun if you don't start laying out detailed plans.
Oh yeah, and Jaci ... I still owe you a ride! On or off the bike is fine with me!��
I have been to Sturgis several times it is a blast!!!! You will enjoy it..
Kisses, Jaci
Originally Posted by Jaci
Been several times myself. I always ride mine, always put on a bunch of miles. Lots of ways to get there but most memorable I had was through Colorado Rocky Mountain National Park then on to Dinosaur, over to Utah and up to Jackson Hole/Yellowstone then up through Beartooth pass in Montana and back down through Wyoming to Custer State Park then on to Sturgis.
One thing to definitely do is make a ride in to the infield at Full Throttle Saloon, it is set up like a small indoor stadium you ride into, every time I ride into that place it reminds me of the Mad Max Movie riding into that bar, and it gets pretty wild!
Devils Tower and the Badlands are pretty cool too! UHM is right don't plan it just ride and enjoy it.
Although i have yet to have the pleasure to meet Jaci, I imagine having her on the back of my bike would definitely not vary my mileage.. lol... But that is probably too much to imagine she probably rides her own bike.....sigh
Thanks again for the great info. I am sure we will not over book our plans. We are going to party and a few rides while we are there. Not sure of my butt could handle the long ride. So any input on how to service the ride is also helpful. . That ride into bar sounds cool. Jaci you are more the welcome to come along. Urharleyman i will get some info from you that would be cool to. Keep them coming and let me know if you are willing to go also.
Most of the riders I've talked to that rode their bikes up from Dallas said they wished they had trailered for various reasons...rain, limited luggage, hard on the body, etc. Those that trailered said they pulled over a few times and would ride the bike for a 100 or so miles, then hitch it back up. I'm sure you could rent these things.

I really want to do this...you have to commit early to reserve a place to stay.
one of the better deals to look into is if there are a few of you start looking for a house to rent for the week. i may seem exspensive at first but if you have everyone kick in equal amounts it makes it affordable. If you were to camp at the chip for a week you would still end up paying close to two grand for the week per person. cheaper campgrounds without the bars an concerts will still cost 75 plus a night. get a house, real shower, fridge, grill. makes it much more enjoyable. I am lucky cause i grew up there an i just call old friends an tell them i will be joining them for a while. Also read up on local laws, an requirements. Preplan you travel arrangments if you are gonna be drinking heavy. The do have some buses that travel from town to campgrounds an they run just about hourly.
We are planning to rent a house but we need to reserve it as soon as possible. I think it has like 16 beds. So if we double up (gals and guys) we could split it between 32 persons at about $3500 for the week. Thats like $100 person. Still checking into it.

We plan to ride and trailer as we go.
Dude you can easily get laid there. Been twice and had a blast.
Fine Ass Gals