Home builders getting a Disaster Windfall from FEMA

Won't the home builders and related businesses benefit from the injection of taxpayer money into the Southeast Texas and Florida disaster areas?

It starts with "clean up" then with replacement and remodeling of the structures and infrastructures that were damaged or demolished from Harvey and Irma.

The Trump Administration is providing the funding with the approval of the Republican controlled Congress. Irony to say the least.
"Heckuva job, brownie", said the racist WTF to his crewleader.
So who would YOU have rebuilding your home, Dipshit? A car mechanic? A lawyer? A resident of a state mental health facility? YOU?

I suppose you believe that all the damaged homes should be repaired without new materials.

The debris cleaned up by the inidivual home or business owner.

What utter bullshit!!!

This thread is yet another of LLIarMan's personal attack threads, plain and simple.
So who would YOU have rebuilding your home, Dipshit? A car mechanic? A lawyer? A resident of a state mental health facility? YOU?

I suppose you believe that all the damaged homes should be repaired without new materials.

The debris cleaned up by the inidivual home or business owner.

What utter bullshit!!!

This thread is yet another of LLIarMan's personal attack threads, plain and simple. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
A patient at a State Mental institution would be more helpful than you.
Nice talk, LImpdick.

Do you have an opinion on LLiarMan's latest SHARTNADO?

Or are you just here to OINK?

Nice talk, LImpdick.

Do you have an opinion on LLiarMan's latest SHARTNADO?

Or are you just here to OINK?

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You're the only one who oinks here. PIG
Where is HUD ?
Waiting for brain surgery ...
A patient at a State Mental institution would be more helpful than you. Originally Posted by bambino
... since you mentioned it. There is one in Austin!

Do they now have computer access for "patients"?
Where is HUD ? Originally Posted by bamscram
For what? But if you insist, here it is:

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street, SW
Washington DC, 20410

Call Ben if you have any questions. He'll take your call.
I am in Mortgage Finance for past 20 years here in Texas. I do think their some is money to be made in many parts of the Housing Industry.
From, remodel, to clean up, to landscape, to Mortgage, to Reatlors, debris collection and so on....
Example I have gotten a few calls in regards to, people wanting out of the homes along Buffalo Bayou that bought back in the 60's and 70's.
They are in their 70's and 80's age wise, cashing out and moving on. They are not going to remodel the home to current market values. Just going to rehab so they can get financing on them.
homes along Buffalo Bayou ...

They are not going to remodel the home to current market values. Just going to rehab so they can get financing on them. Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
Two questions initially: Will Houston issue permits on those homes and will they pass pre-loan inspections after "rehab"? My guess is no.

(Depending on their locations this isn't their first flooding.)

It sounds like they don't have an existing loan (60's to 70's), and why do they want financing on them? Or are they talking about the buyers wanting financing.

I imagine that in some of the areas ... based on what I've observed ... most of the homes lost of recent construction will be "short" and their value won't cover the loan and "rehab" and at the same time some of the others will have 2nd/3rd liens that consume any residual value to the homeowner after any closing ... if they can even sell them.

I'm familiar with the packages coming out of Katrina from Louisiana that provided displaced families an opportunity to purchase HUD foreclosures out of the HUD inventory, some of which had been section 8 rentals for years and were in terrible condition. I hope that model is not used again .... folks pissed off the money by living on it instead of paying off the HUD loan for their "new" home, and then when the bubble hit (built into the loan for the recovery from their lost home in Louisiana) they didn't have the money to pay down or refi the note. They went into foreclosure.
For what? But if you insist, here it is:

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street, SW
Washington DC, 20410

Call Ben if you have any questions. He'll take your call. Originally Posted by LexusLover
They are out of money, budget is cut, Ben does not take calls.
They are out of money, budget is cut, Ben does not take calls. Originally Posted by bamscram
Why do you think I asked "For what?"! Oh, I forgot! You don't!

See that little pesky question mark there?

I realize you don't know What The Fuck they are, but so be it.

As for calling "Ben" that sounds like a personal problem!
Why do you think I asked "For what?"! Oh, I forgot! You don't!

See that little pesky question mark there?

I realize you don't know What The Fuck they are, but so be it.

As for calling "Ben" that sounds like a personal problem! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Loonie lexy is having a meltdown.