Since I'm a guy who loves fast cars

Since I'm a guy who loves fast cars And lovely harris want's us in EV's, could anybody suggest a good EV to drive. Now I like the roar of the engine as I take my Vette down the quarter mile for another 10 second pass, but since I'm a man, I have no idea about a quality EV. Any suggestions for EV? Now save your breath on the Tesla, I've taken a test drive in a Tesla plaid, and even though I was impressed, myself and my male buddies wouldn't be caught dead in an EV. We're just guys who haven't got a clue about a battery powered car.

Now, what I know about EV's are two things. One is they catch on fire real easy, and the other is about money. For many years I councilled people on saving money on their electricity bills but those people who could barely afford food, like the past 4 years, surely can't afford an electric bill 2 x 3 times higher than a normal bill.

Now, let's take a huge subdivision like Kingwood in Houston. So since harris will demand an EV in every garage, there's another use for the term demand, and that's what an increased load will do to the electric infrastructure in any given house or any given block. It will cost money to have the proper electric wiring, panels, and sockets installed. Each individual block will cost thousands of dollars for increased wiring and increased transformers. This is even before the wiring gets to the meter. Of course, what is a few trillion dollars for a city half the size of Houston to prepare for EV's, I mean harris and those stupid fools who want the new green deal to spend money on.

Harris won't do any of that, but you have fun worrying about something that will never happen. LOL
I'm pretty sure it was Barack Hussein Obama that set the U. S. of A. on the course of electrification over internal combustion.
Trump tried to roll it back, but was met with resistance.
Harris is a woman. Someone should explain EV v Combustion to her in terms of makeup. Then maybe she'll get it.
Wrong forum.

And not surprised that you or your male buddies wouldn’t be caught dead in an EV. They have cooties, don’t cha know?

LOLLING!
Aint nothing wrong with EV's. Don't expect them to be something they aren't. Cost per mile of ownership including purchase and charging are on about 8.1 cents less for EV owners vs. gas owners. (per www.cbsnews.com ) Tesla plaids have been killing vettes and hit zero to 60 of 1.99 vs. 2.99 seconds. Also 1/4 of 8.56 seconds, beating the 10.89 seconds vette. So- the theory of zoom zoom vettes beating the plaid is a joke. Maybe if you have a blower on the vette- but naturally aspirated is not a win. All those stats are easily found on the interwebs. Now- sound and smell, sure you cannot beat a gasoline powered vehicle in my opinion there. So I give the nod on that scale to the Chevy.

Back to EVS.

If you're expectation is that they are all gonna burn up spontaneously- please don't forget to leave your phones and other battery operated devices left out in the driveway along with your ring cameras and laptops, just to be safe from house fires and spontaneous combustion. Those all have the same battery technology- yet a handful of fires haven't made them the boogie man...

Anyway- fast cars come in all shapes sizes and drive-trains. If you want a really fast car- buy one with a jet engine on the back. They go like 300 mph in Bonneville. And yes, they also blow up and crash just like gas, and battery cars do.

P.S. If you're afraid of a battery- tell your wives to ditch the vibrators while you're at it.
Aint nothing wrong with EV's. Don't expect them to be something they aren't. Cost per mile of ownership including purchase and charging are on about 8.1 cents less for EV owners vs. gas owners. (per www.cbsnews.com ) Tesla plaids have been killing vettes and hit zero to 60 of 1.99 vs. 2.99 seconds. Also 1/4 of 8.56 seconds, beating the 10.89 seconds vette. So- the theory of zoom zoom vettes beating the plaid is a joke. Maybe if you have a blower on the vette- but naturally aspirated is not a win. All those stats are easily found on the interwebs. Now- sound and smell, sure you cannot beat a gasoline powered vehicle in my opinion there. So I give the nod on that scale to the Chevy. Originally Posted by eyecu2

Nowhere did I say nor imply a Vette could stay with a Tesla Plaid. Perhaps remedial reading 101 should be your best friend. My fastest car was a high 9 second Challenger Red Eye with a small pulley and a set of drag radials, but still tuned to run on 93 octane gas. Outside of this, I still detest EV's about as much as I can detest anything.
Harris won't do any of that, but you have fun worrying about something that will never happen. LOL Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

Are you sure? She's done a 180 on several topics, moving from left of Bernie Sanders trying to bullshit the people she's now a moderate. Or at least a moderate until a day or so after inauguration when she shows her true colors.