Monster of a date?

Any daikaiju/giant monster movie fans out there?

The new "Godzilla" officially roars in this Friday, the 16th, but a number of theaters are "previewing" it on Thursday eve. I'm hoping to catch it at an IMAX showing. (And will be advertising a "Monster Date" elsewhere.) The special effects look awesome,
Gareth Edwards is a director to be taken seriously, Brian Cranston gives the "human side" credibility, and there are a few BIG surprises in store.

Anybody else headed out to the premiere?

• mr666
  • 05-13-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm still undecided on whether to watch it at 8 or 9 Thursday night or save two bucks and see it fri. morning
There's something to be said for the "experience" of being in a theater during a premiere and feeling the energy of the people around you as they react.

Not sure that the critics will be kind to this movie, but I think audiences will find it frightening and exhilarating. We all want to feel a thrill of some kind, don't we?
I will wait for HBO to play it.
Probably won't be able to see it any sooner than Sunday but can't wait to see it!
I will wait for HBO to play it. Originally Posted by pyramider
This movie will not look very monstrous on the little TV in your living room. It deserves throbbing surround sound, 3-D, and a giant screen for the proper "EEEEEK!" factor.
Movie released on Thursday the 15th.

Downloaded Friday the 9th.

For when you absolutely have to ruin it for your friends
Movie released on Thursday the 15th.

Downloaded Friday the 9th.

For when you absolutely have to ruin it for your friends Originally Posted by Dorian Gray

Or, as boardman would put it....

I'm going Saturday morning. I'm not one for overcrowded theaters.
Plus a buddy and I use it as an excuse to catch a dim sum brunch beforehand.
  • Bugei
  • 05-14-2014, 11:12 AM
I am so looking forward to seeing this movie! I would have been very tempted to take you up on your offered package if I weren't already working late Thursday night.
I am so looking forward to seeing this movie! I would have been very tempted to take you up on your offered package if I weren't already working late Thursday night. Originally Posted by Bugei
Well, drats, bats, cats chasing rats! Perhaps another time.

He's coming! At least I had ample warning this time.

When guys lose an erection, their egos fall. When Godzilla loses an erection, buildings fall.

When Godzilla farts, they call it a typhoon.

Do Japanese atheists believe in Godzilla?

When a Geisha has a monster orgasm, does she scream, "Godzilla!"

Okay, I'm done.... for now. Yes, I'm demented enough to have thought of these all by myself. Anybody else have any Godzilla jokes? I need some to tell my date tonight.

On Demand quality...at best...