Raw Food Lifestyle Lost 30lb's!

• Trnch
  • 09-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Well, I can finally state that I have lost 30 pound on a 99% raw food diet. It' been a good long year of keeping up with the raw food diet and was loosing about 5 pounds a month and then struggle with in those 5 pounds due to parties or holidays. Then another 5 pound and then again the struggle. But I did not do the quick fix/fad diets. I just gradually did it and now has become a lifestyle that I enjoy and reap the benefits.

I feel much healthier, sleep better, low stress, vibrant complexion, sex drive is greater and sperm count is up, work outs are getting better, overall sense of well being is phenomenal, and many ailments gone.

The secret is to eat in large quantities and have in-between snacks.
This what I do for raw foods. I get them from SamsClub:

1. Organic leaf mix that has very green leafs. The greener the better
2. A bag of cut romaine lettuce
3. Cabbage mix bag
4. Iceberg mix bag
As a not, I make the organic as the base and alternate with 2-4 mix bags. Its a lot and 1 or 2 of those is enough for one person for a week.
5. Tomato's
6. Avocados
7. Limes
8. Sea Salt
9. Bell Peppers
10 Alternate vegetable onions, celery, and so on.

I get a large salad bowl get a hand full of the salad from each bag. One large tomato, one avocado, one bell pepper and maybe some (red)onions, and some any other alternatives and throw them into the bowl and squeeze one large lime and some sea salt due to the sourness of the lime juice. Mix. You will have to experiment with quantities and what you would like to add but that is the fun part. Sometimes I go to the grocery store in for alternate add-on such as cilantro or ginger. I have been doing this for a year and seen and feel the results.

For snacking.

11. Mixed nuts with sea salt.
12. Raisins
13. Dried Banana chips with evaporated cane sugar
14. Walnuts

I get a 1 pound freezer bag and mix all the above for snacking. V8 Juice is also a good snack source even though its in a can.

For fruits:

15. Mix fruit bag in the freezer section
16. Berry fruit mix bag, freezer section
17. Apples
18. Kiwi's
19. Bananas
20. Grape juice with no sugar
21. Plums
22. Grapefruit
23. Cherry's
24. Pears, what ever fruit is in season or you may like.

I get all a blender and begin with the grape juice or water and fill it up to cover the blades, I drop the banana, and dices apples to begin the blend. Do not try to throw them all at one time. During this time drop and blend you fruits in stages until blended, you may want to start slow and work it up. At the end drop the frozen fruits and slowly let it blend and work your way up, since the fruits are frozen then can whip into the carafe and do some damage. I add some ginger and beats in small portions also and also a grapefruit. All this you do until you to get to the top line of the blender. Get a 54oz cup and enjoy your new life.

As a note for a blender, get a good one. I use the Oster Fusion Blender which has a reverse action with the programmed buttons which helps from the fruit getting stuck. You can either buy on Amazon for $70 bucks or Walmart for $50 bucks due to different carafes. Or you can get the Cadillac of blenders. The Blendtech for about $400.
Very interesting thread. I am trying to think of what other foods can be eaten raw. Are there any vegetables that are off-limits? Vinegars?

I commend you on this lifestyle change. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Trnch
  • 09-07-2010, 09:52 PM
I add 1-2 teaspoon of Braggs unfiltered apple cider vinegar to my juice drinks. You can look up the benefits, http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar