'Soul Train' creator Don Cornelius commits suicide

R.I.P. Don
The man was an icon and trailblazer, what personal demons lead him to commit suicide on the start of Black History month no less, is a very sad ending to an otherwise amazing life/career... R.I.P Don
Sad but after seeing some of the men in my family live out their final years in a skilled nursing facility, I understand.

Thanks Don for making this world a stone gas honey!
IKE, as I celebrated today with 'prime' Grade A pussy(review forthcoming), I read this thread. Thanks IKE for the news. I didn't know. GBH & RIP Mr. Don.
He probably died of embarrassment from looking back at those old 70's dance moves...
He probably died of embarrassment from looking back at those old 70's dance moves... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Nah...he didn't just die. He committed suicide.
I Was Ver Sad To Learn This ...
& Even Sadder When I Found Out How He Went
&& Death Isnt Funny
Love the lines from Disco Lady...

You dance so fine and you're right on time,
You oughta be on TV, on Soul Train.
RIP Mr. Cornelius. Thanks to opening my mind to the world of music.

This man should be celebrated for what he accomplished with Soul Train. People ask why come I listen to rock music today. When I a kid, one day I was watching Soul Train and Mr. Cornelius introduced David Bowie to the show. Bowie's performance blew me away. I figured that since he was on Soul Train, he must be alright to listed to.
RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP
thanks for making saturdays enjoyable, rip don

let
Sad loss for music and tv. RIP. I just keep wondering why he would do it?
Why did he do it? As the article said, he fought continued depression over a messy divorce, and charges of spousal abuse, and health problems.
Wishing you love, peace and soul.