Rangers trade talk

Now that Cole Hamels is off the market. It looks like Zack Greinke is next on the list. Who agrees the Rangers should go for it and get the ring this time?
Not that a trade will assure the Rangers of anything, but Josh is 90% gone next year and even though they will contend for years to come, the window could still close. Any other trade ideas?

Oh yeah, any provider out there who is a Ranger fan and might want to accompany me to a game. Probably vs the Angels. PM me please. Thanks!
Look to the northwest and see what the M's would take for King Felix. That would be a dream. Also give some thought to Cliff Lee despite his record this year. The Phils might be looking to drop some serious salary after signing Hamels. We already know Lee can pitch effectively in The Ballpark, and that's anything but a given for most pitchers.
I'd like to see them get Lee and Hunter Pence from Philly...they'd both be under contract for a while.
I think I'd rather have Felix over Lee, simply because of his age and the fact that he's having a down year. The outfield is too crowded for Pence.
They do need another bat off the
Bench though.
Pence only has one year left until free agency.

Rangers need to get rid of Hamilton. He is a head case and an idiot ... not a good combination.

Greinke would not do well in a large market. His anxiety disorder makes the small markets perfect for him.
Wow, I totally disagree about getting rid of Hamilton. He's one of the best hitters this game has ever seen... We gotta focus on pitching! C. Lewis is out for the year! Grienke would be good.
Greinke is a bit of a head case also. Josh stated today that he is mentally "OFF" so a big bat and a strong arm would be a good addition right now, long term deals not rent a player.

Felix would be my choice for a pitcher but I don't think Seattle would trade him. Maybe if Felise and Ogondo are healthy.....??

In Nolan I trust.....it should be interesting.
Getting Felix is going to be too expensive IMO. Seattle will want the moon (our Best Prospects) and I'm not crazy about giving them anymore of our future (didn't they already get Beaven and Smoak from us?) Lee might work here (again...ha!) but age a factor in making that work longterm. What about Josh Johnson....any thoughts there? Also heard Shields (another bat) is being suggested......

Go Rangers!
Josh Johnson is going to cost a pretty penny too. Word yesterday was that the Rangers told the Marlins they were willing to give up Mike Olt in a deal.

Rangers are in on the Shields talk but I think the asking price is high there too.

They definitely need to do something with Colby on the shelf and Oswalt's iffy back.
Would love to see them add Josh Johnson and Lee or Greinke. They need to use Josh up hard and say se ya. He will get out of this slump just in time to get sombody to pony up big for next year.
  • Lanny
  • 07-26-2012, 05:21 PM
This is why IMHO, Rangers appear to be looking at J Johnson...sure the price will be high, apparently the only prospect that is "untouchable" is Profar...This is probably b/c we pretty much know Hamilton is gone (somebody is gonna offer him the 6 for 144 mil Phillies just gave Hamels and we wont get tied up that long)...Greinke is going to be a rent a player (He just turned down a very fair multi year offer from Brewers)...The Ballpark is built for Lefties to pitch in, so wouldnt mind Lee II...J Johnson is younger, but is coming off of TJ surgery, BUT appears to be getting stronger....The Lee Pence Deal would be incredible, but is probly fantasy as it would clear out most of our farm system...No body has even mentioned M Garza or R Dempster...Should be interesting...

Here's hoping that the third time is the Charm!
Wow, I totally disagree about getting rid of Hamilton. He's one of the best hitters this game has ever seen... We gotta focus on pitching! C. Lewis is out for the year! Grienke would be good. Originally Posted by slims099
Hamilton is a head case. He is batting .171 for July. He is swinging at more bad pitches than anyone else in the league, by far.
Bottom line is, it doesn't matter who we want them to get. The real questions is who can they get without dealing Profar, and maybe Olt. It all comes down to "What's the price?"
Hamilton is a head case. He is batting .171 for July. He is swinging at more bad pitches than anyone else in the league, by far. Originally Posted by pyramider
We're going to discount a bad month or two for one of the best hitters we've seen in awhile? No thanks, I'm with him staying... Let's get Greinke!
Greinke just signed with Angels