Hobbying: Same town, different city, different state?

What is the best or safest way to move forward into the game?

Is same town hobbying "ok"? (In a smaller type town?)

Different city or county help things out?

What about traveling to a near by state if you live close to a boarder?

Thanks in advance...
You really have answered your own questions. You have to decide your own level of security in the hobby. As well this subject is fully explored in the Forums, Search is your friend.

But here are some things that you might find helpful.
How to Be A Successful Hobbiest
These are just Guidelines. Each person has to find his own level of security and procedures in this hobby!
Play safe, enjoy!

How to Use a Burnphone Wisely
- buy a burn phone (non-smart, pre-paid type) with cash.
- do not register/create an account with any pay-as-you go phones.
- always pay cash for more minutes.
- only turn on the burn phone when needed.
- turn on your phone approx 1-2 hours before appt.
- turn off your phone approx 1-2 hours after appt.
- do not store anything in contacts.
- delete your call history often.

- keep battery separate from the phone during down time.
- if you find an ATF, set up a Safe word for texting/emailing. Find a simple word you will both remember.

Other Useful Things-
- at a hotel incall, always put the security bar on the door and check the bathroom before placing the donation
- be aware if the hotel room has an adjoining door to another room, think about your surroundings and why would a provider get adjoining rooms.
- if stopped by LE, never allow them to search your vehicle. Immediately after LE has verified your ID, ask to leave. If you are detained, ask for and attorney and then say nothing no matter how they act to you.
- only carry your ID and a small amount of folding money on your person to a date. Leave all else in your vehicle.

- create a separate email account for the hobby and do not use the same handle from any Hobby site for your hobby email. Never use your personal or work email for the hobby. Ever!
- handle as much of your communication by email using an on-line web-browser.
- be aware your ISP is required to keep logs of sites you visit. Use a anonymous connection. Search the web for them.
- be aware your computer keeps records of every website you visit.
- if you are signed into facebook or other social media sites they may Slurp your contacts out of your computer. Yes "Slurp" is the technical term.
- programs like ccleaner, or evidence eliminator are useful to cover your tracks from your pc.
- if you have a car GPS and use it to map to a provider, CLEAR its history as well.

Good advice, jframe2, but I have a problem with this line: "if stopped by LE, never allow them to search your vehicle." I think you mean never CONSENT to LE searching your vehicle. But if Barney Fife's gonna rifle your Gremlin, certainly don't resist.
SJ, good catch on the wordage..... I completely agree and I will change the wording.