OKAY I KNOW ITS POPULAR TO PAINT THE GOP AS HEARTLESS, BUT THEY ARE NOT ALONE

The IRS has made it clear that BP payments made to those who suffered losses will be taxed. God I love this country.
If the people are being paid their whole wages lost, I would expect this. I don't think the oil spill is a reason to get an exemption from taxes.
Yeah Papa I agree, but the irony is that if Bush was president and the IRS would do this, you know what would be happening. Tell me I am wrong LOL.
Why is it popular to paint the GOP as heartless? We are talking about the party that went to war to free a people from slavery more than once. We are talking about a party that voted to guarantee voting rights to a people that don't normally vote for the GOP. We are talking about a party that believes in a strong defense so that the majority of Americans can live in peace. So why is it popular?
Well the topic of the post is the IRS, maybe you should read the whole thing and not the title before you respond. So I dont know JG you tell me why the media likes to do it. I did not say it was heartless, ask those on the left why its heartless. Your poking the bear dude and your not going to like it when the bear pokes back
  • KCJoe
  • 06-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Why should it be tax-free? If the payments replace lost income which would have been taxed anyway, what's the reasoning for those payments to be exempt?
Would you be willing to pay more taxes yourself to make those payments exempt? You know everything needs to be revenue neutral now. Just ask those who voted against extending the unemployment benefits.
Would you be saying the same thing if Bush was president. No you would be saying what a heartless bastard he is.
Yeah Papa I agree, but the irony is that if Bush was president and the IRS would do this, you know what would be happening. Tell
me I am wrong LOL. Originally Posted by dirty dog
I can honestly say that I think you're wrong (IMHO). I would think of this as similar to unemployment, although I would have to imagine BP is paying 100% of lost wages to those affected. We still tax unemployed people receiving unemployment when they need the money the most; under Obama, Bush and all the past Presidents.
I understand that unemployment is taxed, I didnt say that payments from BP shouldn't be taxed, I just dont think the media and the left would be so accepting of this fact if Bush was president. I am not and never said that taxing these payments is something new, I just dont think that the far left would be able to withhold demonizing Bush about it.