My apology to Skilar Rayne

At first I was going to say this in a PM but thought that would be the chicken shit way of doing it...
then I was going to say it on the thread that I hi-jacked but it was closed before I could.

So here it is... with out any accuses or qualifiers.

I sincerely apologize for my postings on that thread.

I hope you enjoy your time here and will not let one jackass spoil it for you.
thanks hon for being a real person and apologizing... your alright with me
At first I was going to say this in a PM but thought that would be the chicken shit way of doing it...
then I was going to say it on the thread that I hi-jacked but it was closed before I could.

So here it is... with out any accuses or qualifiers.

I sincerely apologize for my postings on that thread.

I hope you enjoy your time here and will not let one jackass spoil it for you. Originally Posted by ElumEno
You had to start a new thread as the other went "completely off track"...?
I disagree and equate it to censorship and it seems as if we are in some kind of touchy feely tardfest these days..
I believe the purpose was being served especially when I see two highly respected providers who don't post a lot weighing in. Things were sorted out and there was some light sarcasm but nothing out of hand..

Why can't we just let things play themselves out..?
Why is it when different viewpoints are shared that this "hijack" moniker seems to instantly get slapped on..

WTF was the danger or harm in leaving said thread open? Nobody was outed or compromised..there were no taboo subjects mentioned.. Censorship on a SHMB makes no sense..and I for one don't get where it came from...

Although I have my hunch..
thanks hon for being a real person and apologizing... your alright with me Originally Posted by Skilar Rayne
He is a real person and I'm sure the same applies to you..
If you happen to visit our backward little Cowtown..I insist you have a good time..
You had to start a new thread as the other went "completely off track"...?
I disagree and equate it to censorship and it seems as if we are in some kind of touchy feely tardfest these days.. Originally Posted by malwoody
The OP posted a thread about whether there was interest in her visiting KC. The thread was hijacked to become a discussion over whether such a post constituted an ad, and was allowable. Very off the original topic, and certainly not very helpful to the original posters intent. Moreover, that concern was addressed by not one, but two moderators. And, the lady has already posted an ad in the Provider Ads section stating she is coming to town. As both the original question, and the even the hijack off topic question were addressed, and because it had gone off topic, the thread was closed as per forum guidelines. No content was removed. And you are welcome to have a discussion about what you do or don't think constitutes a threAD, or what you feel should or shouldn't be allowed. But start a thread specific to that discussion in the correct forum. Don't hijack another unrelated thread.

I'm not seeing any censorship.
Moving this debate to this thread... http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=961699 out of fear of hi-jacking this one.
The OP posted a thread about whether there was interest in her visiting KC. The thread was hijacked to become a discussion over whether such a post constituted an ad, and was allowable. Very off the original topic, and certainly not very helpful to the original posters intent. Moreover, that concern was addressed by not one, but two moderators. And, the lady has already posted an ad in the Provider Ads section stating she is coming to town. As both the original question, and the even the hijack off topic question were addressed, and because it had gone off topic, the thread was closed as per forum guidelines. No content was removed. And you are welcome to have a discussion about what you do or don't think constitutes a threAD, or what you feel should or shouldn't be allowed. But start a thread specific to that discussion in the correct forum. Don't hijack another unrelated thread.

I'm not seeing any censorship. Originally Posted by Adeptus32
First of all, a case could be made that a plethora of the threads in this forum are actually hijacked and yes I have seen many examples of moderators doing the hijacking.Within the last year I was pointed for hijacking a thread when the same mod who pointed me actually apologized for hijacking another which oddly did not get closed...and as far as I'm concerned closing a thread is in many cases censorship.. You were just as responsible for hijacking the thread in question as anyone else...my contention is why the ongoing closing of some threads and not others? Why not just let it die on its own as usually happens as long as no rules regarding taboo subjects are broken? Things were being discussed and opinions were being shared....is that not keeping in line with why this forum exists in the first place?

I'm not getting why the local mods have become so retentive when the powers that be have sung the "less moderating is more" refrain repeatedly....and why point someone for a hijack?? Recently a good friend was pointed merely for sharing opinions and the explanation was because of a hijack...really??...Has this become such a wussed out tardfest that we have sunk to these hall monitor tactics??

Really??