Chivarly Alive in Dallas

In the process of describing my Dallas experience to a couple of providers i was suddenly reminded that chivalry still exist and very clearly its in Dallas.

Despite being San Diego based, I mainly tour other cities away from my home. This sort of gives me a broader perspective on what people in our industry are like from state to state.

Recently I found myself in Vegas rocking my Dallas Cowboy cheerleader outfit for Halloween. I was suddenly representing Dallas.

When questioned if I am from the Dallas area (NO), I answered that I love going to Dallas.

I'm writing an email to another provider who wants to know more about the gents. Here I am describing everything from the booking experience to the fine dining experience. Dallas gentlemen are well-mannered, have a sweetness about them that I rarely find anywhere else. I find the "Ms. Stevens" way of addressing me rather cute. And although this may be overlooked by many, I find that those details are what keep ladies like myself intrigued and desiring similar interactions.

Yes, I know that I am generalizing and that not all men are created equal. But for those of you who travel will agree that Texan especially Dallas men have a softness that is hard to find.

Kisses.
Thanks Shiloh! And kudos should also be offered to the lovely ladies that are in the DFW area.
  • jafun
  • 11-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks.
Very nice words ... and I was in Vegas for Halloween, sorry I missed you but I bet you looked great in your DCC outfit!
I adore San Diego, having lived there off and on for half my life, and I still cannot get used to the cavalier attitude that SoCal natives (and wannabes) have toward good manners. So I do appreciate your noticing the cultural difference between the two areas. Treating a lady as a lady should be treated is just good manners, and those who do not are, frankly, boors. IMO (which we all know is never humble - I'd have to turn in my Fighter Pilot card).

Again, thank you, Ma'am, for the kind words.
I agree! I love our Dallas and Fort Worth gentlemen.
great post...and yes I love the Dallas men too !!!
Chivalry is not DEAD in Texas. IN Texas men are men, and women are thankful for that!