Is this unusual for contact info?

Just in case I'm missing something I feel the need to ask if anyone else thinks this is unusual. I'm trying to meet up with someone who's been reviewed. The only response I get from her is "Phone number?"

OK, I realize everyone has a different style, but in all these years the typical scenario is contact through e-mail then exchange info and never has that involved someone wanting to call me.

Sure, it will be my hobby phone, but still, am I then expected to just wait and see when the call comes?

As I mentioned, she's reviewed, but not much and they seem almost tbgt.. I'm a little skeptical....
give her your hobby phone # and keep your skepticism close for the call.........you may need it.
That's all you were asked for? Maybe she wants to text you the rest of the screening info, rather than email it or PM it. I can't think of any reason why you would only be asked for that? Maybe she wants to reverse look up your number? IDK
Probably to ask your refs if they have seen you, I'm sure there is a lot of john/bob/mike whatever name you gave them in their phones.
Probably is trying to make sure you're not just a fake hiding out behind an email....it happens more than you think

If you want why not just send your phone number and the times to contact you ...like..... 123-456-7890 please only call between 2pm and 5pm. Tuesday or Wednesday....that way you have some control over when you get the call.
Just in case I'm missing something I feel the need to ask if anyone else thinks this is unusual. I'm trying to meet up with someone who's been reviewed. The only response I get from her is "Phone number?"

OK, I realize everyone has a different style, but in all these years the typical scenario is contact through e-mail then exchange info and never has that involved someone wanting to call me.

Sure, it will be my hobby phone, but still, am I then expected to just wait and see when the call comes?

As I mentioned, she's reviewed, but not much and they seem almost tbgt.. I'm a little skeptical.... Originally Posted by Clingus
Pleanty of fish in the sea, I'd let that one be or anyone that gives you an uneasy feeling. On to the next one!
Probably is trying to make sure you're not just a fake hiding out behind an email....it happens more than you think

If you want why not just send your phone number and the times to contact you ...like..... 123-456-7890 please only call between 2pm and 5pm. Tuesday or Wednesday....that way you have some control over when you get the call. Originally Posted by allofamber
That's reasonable and I hope the OP has a hobby phone.