Remember the Promise? You Can Keep Your Health Care?

Maybe not. Probably not. Certainly a lie.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...alth-coverage/

Isn't it cheaper to pay the fine(tax) than it is to purchase medical insurance?
This was my biggest fear. Why should companies offer insurance when people are personally liable for not having insurance and they can buy their insurance at a government managed exchange? That's why I don't believe in politicians.
  • CJ7
  • 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Excise tax or fine for employers (with 50 or more workers) who do not provide health insurance to employees; fine of $2000 per worker each year if any worker receives federal subsidies to purchase health insurance.

the "lie" as you call it depends on your employers choice if you work in a larger company, and even if the company finds it cheaper to pay the excise tax rather than provide a group plan employees still have a choice ... individuals with ins policies remain status quo

ask the boss why he lied
ask the boss why he lied Originally Posted by CJ7
Whose boss and what did he lie about?
  • CJ7
  • 07-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Whose boss and what did he lie about? Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
there you go with the context issues again

if you dont work for a company with 50+ emloyees, go back to sleep and we'll have whirlie ring a bell and wake you up when we need you ....
Obama, w3 all know he is the "boss".
there you go with the context issues again

if you dont work for a company with 50+ emloyees, go back to sleep and we'll have whirlie ring a bell and wake you up when we need you .... Originally Posted by CJ7
Excise tax or fine for employers (with 50 or more workers) who do not provide health insurance to employees; fine of $2000 per worker each year if any worker receives federal subsidies to purchase health insurance.

the "lie" as you call it depends on your employers choice if you work in a larger company, and even if the company finds it cheaper to pay the excise tax rather than provide a group plan employees still have a choice ... individuals with ins policies remain status quo

ask the boss why he lied
Originally Posted by CJ7
What context? You made that statement a separate paragraph containing a collection of six words and completely unpunctuated. I didn't know if you were trying to refer to the president or an individual's employer.

I thought you were supposed to be this big Independent. You see awfully dogmatic, and sensitive for that matter, to me. And you still haven't answered what he lied about. Promising all his flock a rose garden?
  • CJ7
  • 07-25-2012, 01:06 PM
What context? You made that statement a separate paragraph containing a collection of six words and completely punctuated. I didn't know if you were trying to refer to the president or an individual's employer.

I thought you were supposed to be this big Independent. You see awfully dogmatic, and sensitive for that matter, to me. And you still haven't answered what he lied about. Promising all his flock a rose garden? Originally Posted by OliviaHoward

its quite simple read the thread, if you cant figure it out I refuse to school you.
Funny this comes up. I just had a conversation with my boss last night Obamacare. He said that he believes that everyone should have healthcare but this was the wrong way to go about it. He says that he will continue to offer company healthcare but he points out that he could give each of us a 3,000 to 5,000 pay raise and let us buy our own healthcare for less and he would come out ahead almost half a million dollars. He is afraid that most of us wouldn't do the right thing but we have a choice. He is concerned that if our competitors drop their coverage and just pay the "TAX" then he may have to reconsider because that would give them an advantage in business.

So you have a good guy trying to do the right thing worried about losing business by doing the right thing because of Obamacare. He may be forced to do the wrong thing in order to compete and we are the ones who will get hurt. In fact he said that he would come out ahead by forcing us onto government healthcare.
  • CJ7
  • 07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
your boss has an opinion, and you are a parrot

Jackie our resident conservative and business OWNER and his CPA did the math down to last dollar and came to the conclusion He (Jackie) as a business owner would stand to save/benefit as much as 60% of his insurance costs ...

put 60% back in his pocket is the wrong way to go about it?

Might want to mention that to Jackie and try and convince him.
  • Doove
  • 07-25-2012, 02:57 PM
This was my biggest fear. Why should companies offer insurance... Originally Posted by icuminpeace
For the same reasons they offered insurance before The ACA?
Doove, the defense contractors originally started offering health insurance during World War II as an incentive to help them hire workers who were desperately needed for the war effort. Spending restrictions, EVEN WITH A WAR ON, limited what they could offer to pay the workers, and the workers they wanted and needed couldn't afford to take the pay cuts. Offering health insurance was a way around the salary caps. It worked. It worked well enough that the defense contractors continued doing it after the war ended, and the salary caps were lifted. The rest of the economy, the guys who wanted to hire from the same pool of talented, skilled workers who had proven themselves on e.g. the bomber and figher lines, had to follow suit to be able to compete.
...he points out that he could give each of us a 3,000 to 5,000 pay raise and let us buy our own healthcare for less and he would come out ahead almost half a million dollars. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Can you go as an individual into the insurance market, and get a better deal than what you have with most employer sponsored group plans?

Maybe if you are 23YO with no medical problems.
Every state has a fund for hard to insure individuals. Personal responsibility. You should start funding your own retirement when you are in your 20s as well as healthcare. If you wait until you turn 50 then you reap what you failed to sow.