Audit the Fed Bill Passes in House!!

In a victory for liberty, the House of Representatives passed the Audit the Fed bill. Let's see if the Senate now has the balls to stand up and do the right thing.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...udit-fed-bill/

• CJ7
  • 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM
In related news, Obama and Romney both promise to overturn this law should it become inacted.

"This is just one more example of big government interfering with business," said Romney.

Obama stated "I will do the will of the American people, and stop this Tea-Party from disrupting the important work of the Fed."
  • CJ7
  • 07-25-2012, 04:35 PM
In related news, Obama and Romney both promise to overturn this law should it become inacted.

"This is just one more example of big government interfering with business," said Romney.

Obama stated "I will do the will of the American people, and stop this Tea-Party from disrupting the important work of the Fed." Originally Posted by Submodo

you have to understand, 99% of the people who demand less government are actually in favor of more government ..

and to them, they make perfect sense.

Obama stated "I will do the will of the American people, and stop this Tea-Party from disrupting the important work of the Fed." Originally Posted by Submodo
Source on that?
How is auditing the Fed a demand for more government?
Looked and can't find where Obama or Romney said any of that crap. There, I defended Obama. Now I need to gargle.
How is auditing the Fed a demand for more government? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Who's going to do it, YOU?
Rooting our fraud and crime is an essential function of government. It's not an expansion.
  • Seedy
  • 07-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Who's going to do it, YOU? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I volunteer.....LMAO.... I'm fucking serious also.. with the stipulation,find something fucked up, all involved go to jail,
Do not pass Go, do not collect your 200 dollars....lol
The idea that a congressional investigation of an independent agency to make sure it's acting in the best interests of the American people is an unwarranted expansion of government is beyond ridiculous. The Fed is arguably the most powerful institution in government. It is not unreasonable to find out what they are doing.
Wouldn't the unwarranted expansion of government have been the creation of the red in the first place.
Well, yes. FF. The Fed was part of the Unholy Trinity of 1913 which ushered in the era of government expansion at the expense of liberty. The establishment of the Fed turned the coining and valuing of money over to the banks, and took it away from Congress. It put the wolves in charge of the henhouse. It's time to expose what they are doing in our name.
Well, yes. FF. The Fed was part of the Unholy Trinity of 1913 which ushered in the era of government expansion at the expense of liberty. The establishment of the Fed turned the coining and valuing of money over to the banks, and took it away from Congress. It put the wolves in charge of the henhouse. It's time to expose what they are doing in our name. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
According to the Constitution, Congress is still "responsible" regardless of how much those in congress would like to deflect by pointing a finger at someone else to reduce the public's ire towards them.
That's why it makes sense for Congress to audit the Fed, and keep auditing them.