Fast and Furious redeaux ...

• CJ7
  • 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
you ask why intel wasnt released to the public like the republicans wanted?

it was because the operation didnt want the names of several people they had targets on to know they were about to be indicted on criminal charges ..

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...ects-revealed/

5 were indicted the day their names were released.

Issa wouldnt know a covert operation from a car theft arrest ... well, on secod thought.
No one asked for the info to be released to the public. It was to be released to the committee. Twist the truth however you want. You will anyway.
They got this new thing called "redaction".
Somehow that "excuse" doesn't justify Holder's perjured testimony regarding what he knew and when.
  • CJ7
  • 07-26-2012, 07:30 PM
No one asked for the info to be released to the public. It was to be released to the committee. Twist the truth however you want. You will anyway. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

werent you on board saying "we need to know" .. "what are they hiding" ... how did you propose to find out? .... do tell, please ?

you wanted to know what you thought Holder was hiding, but you didnt want anyone to tell you ..

makes as much sense as you being anti government and wanting the government to audit the government
  • WTF
  • 07-26-2012, 07:48 PM
werent you on board saying "we need to know" .. "what are they hiding" ... how did you propose to find out? .... do tell, please ?

you wanted to know what you thought Holder was hiding, but you didnt want anyone to tell you ..

makes as much sense as you being anti government and wanting the government to audit the government Originally Posted by CJ7
The point is that Holder lied about his knowledge not that he was hiding a covert operation.

Yeah man like I couldn't tell you I knew anything because like man that would blow the whole thing.
Blow that smoke up your own ass.

makes as much sense as you being anti government and wanting the government to audit the government Originally Posted by CJ7
Nuance escapes you, doesn't it, CBJ7. I never asked to know about names of people who could be put in jeopardy. However, I don't think the Justice Department can use that excuse to keep other relevant information from Congress.

As bad as Congress is, they are still our representatives. They have the absolute right to know, and investigate if they believe the Executive Branch is hiding illegal activity. And the Executive Branch has the absolute obligation to be forthcoming to Congress about such activity. The only activity which should be off limits is that which pertains directly to national security. And if there is a question there, it should be decided by a judge, in camera, and not solely by the Executive Branch.

Not every bit of information needs to be broadcast to everyone, but there are people placed in Washington to learn those things on our behalf. You seem to forget that government gains its authority to govern from the consent of the governed. In theory, we are a government of the people. Government is there to serve our interests, we are not here to serve theirs.

If you want a government that can do whatever it wants with no oversight, and no check on its authority, fine. We have that now, thanks to people like you. I want a government that is responsive to the people, and as open as possible to the people. And I certainly don't want a government that thinks it has the authority to perform criminal or unethical acts, without any oversight or consequences. That is called "tyranny". Look it up.
Their "excuse" is that they were afraid they would reveal names and compromise an ongoing operation!?! This is the "excuse" from an administration that has no scruples when it comes to betraying confidential sources and ongoing operations in foreign countries!?! Yeah, right!!!
IB makes a good point. Thanks, Hankie.
  • CJ7
  • 07-26-2012, 11:07 PM
point being Issa and the rest of the morons dropped the so called issue like a hot rock.

no telling why is there?
With this justice department there is quite a distance between arrested and convicted. Ask the Black Panthers.
point being Issa and the rest of the morons dropped the so called issue like a hot rock.

no telling why is there? Originally Posted by CJ7
CBJ7, your pontificating without a substantive citation means nothing. Holder was cited for contempt, and the civil citation is still winding its way through the court system. Nothing has been "dropped" but your self-esteem.
Wingers would rather let the gunrunners go than miss a chance to trash someone...