Gorgeous Olympic athlete posts the truth, gets expelled from the games

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/36...st-twitter.htm

Political correctness sucks! Originally Posted by Bukkake in Outer Space
What if she would have been butt ugly and fat? Would it have made any difference.
That had nothing to do with political correctness. That was just plain mean-spirited and not the behavior we expect from an Olympian who will be sharing the stage with people from all over the world. I'm glad she was banned so she can stay and spout her racist hate out of her house and not from the Olympics. And about her apology, she can keep it after I wipe my ass with it. Why apologize when now we all know what she really feels.
  • Doove
  • 07-26-2012, 07:18 PM
$250/hr, easy.
Not sure what was offensive about that.
West Nile originated in Africa.
Africans are from Africa,
So.....
I heard she's been associated with the "Golden Dawn Party" in Greece which is a far right wing group. Highly anti-immigrant and reported to be neo-nazi. Her "joke" takes on a different significance in light of that.
Didn't we have a poster on here telling us the Nazis were the good guys? I wonder what he thinks of this.

I don't care how pretty you are. If you're a Nazi, or Nazi sympathizer, you're damn ugly.
  • Doove
  • 07-26-2012, 09:56 PM
I heard she's been associated with the "Golden Dawn Party" in Greece which is a far right wing group. Highly anti-immigrant and reported to be neo-nazi. Her "joke" takes on a different significance in light of that. Originally Posted by Ducbutter
Did you hear that from a legitimate source? Or was it from someone who heard...from someone who heard....from someone who read someone suggest on an internet board that "she's obviously a nazi"?

And if it was the latter....aren't you the guy who criticized charts posted here as lacking context and being irrelevant?

I don't care how pretty you are. If you're a Nazi, or Nazi sympathizer, you're damn ugly. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Agreed. But i think we're jumping to some quick conclusions here. She's just as likely nothing more than an airhead who doesn't give jack-shit about anything related to politics, who heard someone tell the joke, heard people laugh, and thought it would make for a funny tweet.
Doubt you'd consider it a credible source. It was Andy Levy on Redeye. Been trying to verify from another source with no luck yet. But that's why I said "I heard" not "She is". I know it's a subtle difference, but meaningful. I also said that the group has been "reported to be neo-nazi".
Oh, here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraskevi_Papachristou

Political views
Papachristou has posted messages on Twitter that are supportive of the Golden Dawn party. [9]

Notice I still haven't called her a nazi.
  • Old-T
  • 07-26-2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/36...st-twitter.htm

Political correctness sucks! Originally Posted by Bukkake in Outer Space
No, bigotry sucks. You are just to self absorbed to care.
Hard to believe that someone could come along and actually lower the level of discourse on here, but Bukaka has managed it.
The joke was not really that funny. But it wasn't overtly racist.
I don't think she should have been expelled from the games.
Over reactive on the part of the Greek committee.

She did apologize. She is blonde.

On the other hand , the way you titled your thread leads anyone with marginal or better deductive skills to reason you are a closet or open bigot.
Be what you want to be. Just don't lie to yourself.
Don't we have a picture of her? Let me see if I can find that picture from Redeye...

All the good ones have been cropped.
yep, that's her. They had one on Redeye last night of her on the ground laughing (that one above) but it was not cropped and it had a real good crotch shot going on.