Bars near Reliant

A buddy of mine and I are heading from Dallas to your fair city for hoops on Friday. Are there any decent bars (or even better, a SC!) that are walking distance to Reliant Stadium? Thanks!

GG
I depends what you mean by 'walking distance.' The two closest bars are in the hotels across from Reliant- I think the Sheraton had the nicest but its been a while. There are a bunch of restaruants around the Old Spanish Trail and S. Main intersection that serve liquor. My fave is the 'original' Captn Benny's. Best fried shrimp ever.
Thanks, Gnad! We are staying about 1/2 of a mile north of the Stadium and ideally would like to put the car to bed before the game. But if there's something decent within a 5-10 minute cab ride (allowing for gameday traffic), that would be fine.

Appreciate the input for a Dallas member. Feel free to PM on input about our Dallas ladies!

GG
A taxi ride to Rice Village would give you some things to do. Some of Houston's better restaurants and bars.

The MedCenter spa is within range
We are staying at the Courtyard Med Center (supposedly walking distance, no?) Where do you recommend? Thanks!!
probably not walking distance. try the gingerman or little woodrows.
  • bbkid
  • 03-25-2010, 06:59 AM
We are staying at the Courtyard Med Center (supposedly walking distance, no?) Where do you recommend? Thanks!! Originally Posted by greygoose
From the CMC, you can take the light rail - Metro - into downtown. Several bars and restaurants along the line there. That way you wouldn't have to drive anywhere.
Rice University to the West of the Marriott across Main Street is the only thing separating you from Rice Village, which has plenty of bars.