A tale of two cold brews... because BUY AMERICAN!

Tonight I raise a frosty mug of Yuengling the first went down well after a warm day of yardwork and grilling so I had to pour another.

Lionshead is another good brew from the same region but I don't see it much lately unless I drop by one of the bigger markets that stock a better variety than the corner store where I got the Yuengling.

The owner and his wife came to the US in the 90's and their kids have worked there as well as some other family members and they are proud of finding a good place to call home. He set up a display near the counter back when Bud and Coors changed ownership and the sign simply says 'BUY AMERICAN' and Yuengling was the feature beer this weekend. He likes to remind people they have the oldest working brewery in the country and that the brand was started by immigrants trying to make their way in a new country.

I offer a toast to America. Cheers
A one star for a local brew bought in the spirit of celebrating America.

Somebody got they feels hurted.

Number 3 going in! Cheers
Chimay Blue, Ommegang Rare Vos, Gulden Draak. Those are are what I keep in the house, mostly to offer guests. I can’t/don’t drink alcohol much at all because I don’t feel 100% the next day.

Not sure if that’s the intent of this thread tho.
I’m not much of a beer drinker. I do enjoy an occasional Belgium beer. Chimay, Duval or Piraat. Or a very cold lager beer. Yuengling is pretty good.
Respectable beer for sure. But american!
I would buy American more often if all the good American beers weren't more expensive than imports. American macros are generally garbage, and these local breweries are out of control with their prices. German and Czech imports are cheaper, and imo better. I do also love a good Belgian, but those are more for a one-and-done with those ABVs.
As a comonsewer of good beer. PBRs or Miller lite may be on ice. Or whatever is in a friends cooler or fridge
... Yuengling is good enough... Our bludger-mate Betelguese
(of all people) got me onto Pabst Blue Ribbon years ago.
He felt it surely fit a "beer Conosur" of me-own standing.
He also mentioned Pittsburgh Iron city...

I was not a Foster's drinker... I preferred Cascade (from down "south")

#### Salty
Tis Super Tuesday and I will be pouring a couple cold mugs to celebrate Freedom, Liberty, and being a proud American.

Cheers!