VIRUS

My anti-virus is picking up viruses on a pretty regular basis on ECCIE. Is anybody else experiencing this?
  • YoHou
  • 09-25-2013, 08:46 PM
no, what AV are you using?
I can't take my eyes off your avatar. I use Zone Alarm.
FNF,

ZoneAlarm (like alot of AV/Firewall programs) can be very aggressive about detecting cookies as threats. I used it many moons ago and didn't like it.

Some suggestions...

1) Add ECCIE's website to the trusted sites section of your browser
2) If an option, add ECCIE's website to the trusted sites section of Zone Alarm
3) Get at least one other free on-demand utility to scan for viruses. One of my faves is Malwarebytes' AntiMalware program.

Good luck,

OB
  • YoHou
  • 09-26-2013, 05:54 AM
FNF,
Malwarebytes' AntiMalware program. Originally Posted by OBringer

Malwarebytes is not an AV, but it's good for malware and adware. Microsoft Security Essentials is great combined with Malwarbyte an comodo firewall (I like the old version because the new on has crappy GUI).
OK, I wrote down what Zone Alarm picked up, it was metrics.php
  • YoHou
  • 09-26-2013, 05:16 PM
OK, I wrote down what Zone Alarm picked up, it was metrics.php Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi
what did it say about it?

Also, what browser are you using?
  • Mokoa
  • 09-26-2013, 06:22 PM
OK, I wrote down what Zone Alarm picked up, it was metrics.php Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi
Meterics.php is a file containing the PHP source code that created the HTML code that was sent to your browser. The virus may not have originated there. Animated GIF image files or other imbedded objects could have contained the virus. In the past, such incidents were cause by malicious code within an animated GIF file from a banner ad. So far, I have not encountered it. I also run the Zone Alarm firewall and also the Avast! anti-virus software.