FAKE review

• Macci
  • 01-05-2014, 08:07 AM
There is a gent on here has "claimed" to have seen me and left a review. I DO NOT recall this gent AT ALL. I only seen one friend that day and he is a regular friend NOT this gent. I do not have him anywhere, no texts, calls, pms, emails nothing... that handle is no where to be found. Lacey confronted him via pm and his response was " why am I in trouble or something"!!
Can we please remove this fake review, I am still new here do not want a bad name to start with
  • Macci
  • 01-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Looks like the community is behind you.
How come you didn't confront him in a PM Macci? Though he referenced the both of you in the review, it has your name in the title.

It's strange to me this fool bumped your first review, which is not allowed, on 12/29 but didn't reference that he just saw the 2 of you the day before according to his FAKE review date and referenced another lady in your circle of friends.
Wow! Have you RTM yet?
Much ado about.....nuthing. Yes i misspelled that on demand from my associates. The review seemed favorable. Was the fee the problem? NONE OF THESE PEOPLE ARE HIGH ACHIEVERS .Drama for free ad.
Much ado about.....nuthing. Yes i misspelled that on demand from my associates. The review seemed favorable. Was the fee the problem? NONE OF THESE PEOPLE ARE HIGH ACHIEVERS .Drama for free ad. Originally Posted by General Feuerbacher
I have to respectfully interject here that if a provider receives a false review - especially a false "yes" review - she SHOULD ALWAYS notify the moderator on watch by hitting the Report To Moderator (RTM).

The most important reason she should report a fake "yes" review is that the reviewer (if it is a genuinely made up review by someone the lady has never met) may be LE looking to increase their credibility as a genuine hobbyist in order to build sting operations or worse a dangerous predator trying to circumvent traditional screening practices with the appearance of legitimate reviews with various established providers.

If it is fake, report it to a mod and climb the chain of command if the local mods don't address it. I'd advise against ever posting anything out in the open forum in response to a review. I've only had to deal with it once and the review stayed so even if u do tell the mods it doesn't mean anything will be done (The reviewer even gave the mods the name of a hotel I had never stayed at and they still didn't take down the review - and it was a yes review).
Much ado about.....nuthing. Yes i misspelled that on demand from my associates. The review seemed favorable. Was the fee the problem? NONE OF THESE PEOPLE ARE HIGH ACHIEVERS .Drama for free ad. Originally Posted by General Feuerbacher
I could be wrong but I think the immediate "it's quackery" responses didn't provide the desired results from the positive (yet BSy) sounding review she mentions therefore I must pose the:

ECCIE Devils Advocate Question:

= One way to try and cover being potentially exposed for writing a fake / promotional review is to..????????
  • Macci
  • 01-05-2014, 05:53 PM
He was confronted in pm FYI and if I could post the pms here I would but guess what they would be deleted. Think as yall wish I am done with this Ive done what I can do!
It is false, why would I report a "yes" review?
He was confronted in pm FYI and if I could post the pms here I would but guess what they would be deleted. Think as yall wish I am done with this Ive done what I can do!
It is false, why would I report a "yes" review? Originally Posted by Macci
I just stated the devils advocate question because we've seen this one play out before with the same story just different cast members. I certainly could be wrong, but just put it out there for consideration.

Mods look at the review and/or the PM's and find no collusion via the same IP addresses or MAC ID's being involved and you have no issue at all.

Did you report the review to them and also share the PM's? If so, that's a plus for you.

Best wishes
I wanted to make one last comment...
I will not continue to go back and forth with this thread, I am taking it up internally with ECCIE administration. I have reported this fake/false review and done all I personally can do, it is now up to admin. and for those just automatically trying to slander my name just because, even though im attempting to do the right thing, please continue to have fun doing so.
I also wanted to post this because many of us providers and hobbyist do go by reviews, even though because of things like this, you can not take all of them at face value. so by me being a member of this community, i felt that it was only right to report it. it did not matter if it was a yes review. if its fake its fake. i have plenty of REAL AND TRUE yes reviews so false ones are not needed. thank you for the ones that have shown support. this is another reason why SCREENING IS A MUST.
I just stated the devils advocate question because we've seen this one play out before with the same story just different cast members. I certainly could be wrong, but just put it out there for consideration.

Mods look at the review and/or the PM's and find no collusion via the same IP addresses or MAC ID's being involved and you have no issue at all.

Did you report the review to them and also share the PM's? If so, that's a plus for you.

Best wishes Originally Posted by SD2011

I think I'm inclined to Advocate for the Devil on this one. I can't see the ROS, but according to the comments, it seems overly positive to the point of being over the top.

Why would someone write a fake positive review? To get Premium Access? Who would want PA?

A. LE
B. a nosy provider
C. A cheapskate hobbyist

I'm going to say that it's probably not LE. They could do better to stay under the radar. I'm inclined to say the same for C, but I'll reserve judgment. It could be some crazy guy trying to do them a favor without their knowledge. Who knows...

It's fishy regardless.