The Wealth of Nations by "Adam Smith"

The Founder of Economics. Please watch and share:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...-economics.asp
Deb....economics was around a few thousand years before Adam Smith arrived in this world. How do you think the ancient Greeks or Romans conducted business?

Adam Smith just wrote about HIS ideas on economics. He would be a Tea Party person as well.
Once, again what is with the quotation marks around the name "Adam Smith"?

You did the same thing for "Abraham Lincoln" in another thread you started.

You do realize that quotation marks are placed around the TITLE of a work, not the nme of the AUTHOR, don't you?

So, it would be "The Gettysburg Address" by Abraham Lincoln.

And it would be "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith.

You do realize that quotation marks are placed around the TITLE of a work, not the nme of the AUTHOR, don't you?

And it would be "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Maybe "Adam Smith" was a pseudonym and it was actually written by the Rockefellers/Rothschilds?
The Knight's Templar?
Did this so-called "Abraham Lincoln " really exist?
"Founder of Economics" LOL
He has some very interesting points which make for an interesting debate. I think compassion and rights for workers plays in here. America today is run by huge multi-national corporations, which literally stamp out all competition and "free market trade". These monopolies of huge corporations make their own rules and systematically de-regulate
"fair market trade", to the benefit of themselves, purely for profit.

And it would be "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith. Originally Posted by ExNYer

Sometimes I look at the big picture, not the small unimportant details such as you point out!
Give her a break.

I remember Macro Economics 101 back in the day. Those school books used to write that Adam Smith was a huge economics guy.

Invisible hand theory and all. Or wait. Was it the supply and demand thing that he wrote about?

Anyway ... he's often presented as being much more relevant than perhaps, he really was.

I'm GLAD that Miss Debbie is open and excited to learn about new things.

Gosh. You're such a difficult crowd!

Yeah for Adam Smith (and Debbie!)

Sincerely,
Elisabeth

P.S. This book might be a bit less dry to read: http://www.amazon.com/Adam-Smith-Sel...ng+guide+smith
If HD is actually researching, reading, and trying to understand what she posts.....if she is learning as she goes.....I applaud her intellectual curiosity.......keep asking the questions and searching for answers.

No one in life is starting from the same level of understanding, or the benefits of a rigorous and challenging education.

Don't be swayed by those who think they are superior to you HD....and keep posting !
He has some very interesting points which make for an interesting debate. I think compassion and rights for workers plays in here. America today is run by huge multi-national corporations, which literally stamp out all competition and "free market trade". These monopolies of huge corporations make their own rules and systematically de-regulate
"fair market trade", to the benefit of themselves, purely for profit. Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie
You're oversimplifying, and for this crowd, it's not a valid argument ONLY because it's too broad of a statement.

I just noticed that you quote Joseph Campbell in your signature line. Have you read "A Hero With a Thousand Faces"?

The whole idea of the "hero quest" is very interesting and you can see that type of linear process in nearly every novel that you read.

Anyway ... brief segue. I hate to see fellow females beat up over what should have been, a good-natured thread.

Edited to add: To anyone! Feel free to correct my grammar and spelling. I've been rotten at it, lately. Where is my Strunk & White?
If HD is actually researching, reading, and trying to understand what she posts.....if she is learning as she goes.....I applaud her intellectual curiosity.......keep asking the questions and searching for answers.

No one in life is starting from the same level of understanding, or the benefits of a rigorous and challenging education.

Don't be swayed by those who think they are superior to you HD....and keep posting ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
When I first posted in the political forum, I was sent a PM that pretty much warned me that this forum was one that anything goes. Pretty much anything is allowed.

But you wrote a better statement than I did above.

Everyone has to start out with learning different theories, etc. Different thoughts on so many topics. And that takes time.

I agree. We need more females posting in this area.

Thanks for the topic, Debbie!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
When I first posted in the political forum, I was sent a PM that pretty much warned me that this forum was one that anything goes. Pretty much anything is allowed.

Everyone has to start out with learning different theories, etc. Different thoughts on so many topics. And that takes time.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
We need more women in the White House. An Indian woman, a labor party rights activist, just raised minimum wage in Washington State and brought many workers back up to the middle class. In the past 2 months, consumer goods have risen 3 percent, yet wages remain stagnant. How is one to pay taxes while living and working for slave wages?
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2014, 12:02 PM

Don't be swayed by those who think they are superior to you HD....and keep posting ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Sincerely,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Originally Posted by WTF
We need more women in the White House. An Indian woman, a labor party rights activist, just raised minimum wage in Washington State and brought many workers back up to the middle class. In the past 2 months, consumer goods have risen 3 percent, yet wages remain stagnant. How is one to pay taxes while living and working for slave wages? Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie
OK - how about "Governor Palin", then?