Domestic drone sighting--Kansas City

Saturday night I was settling down to watch the road show production of "Spamalot" at Kansas City's Starlight Theater when I saw someone pointing. I spun around and spied a rotary unmanned vehicle orbiting behind us watching. It was the helicopter kind with a rotor span of about five feet. It was hovering less than a hundred feet off the ground as we prepared to sing the national anthem. Looked at the local news broadcast to see if they were doing some filming but no...

So who?
Saturday night I was settling down to watch the road show production of "Spamalot" at Kansas City's Starlight Theater when I saw someone pointing. I spun around and spied a rotary unmanned vehicle orbiting behind us watching. It was the helicopter kind with a rotor span of about five feet. It was hovering less than a hundred feet off the ground as we prepared to sing the national anthem. Looked at the local news broadcast to see if they were doing some filming but no...

So who? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
They're coming to take you away, HAHA
They're coming to take you away!
First answer "what" ... then the "who"!

By "assuming" that it is the "government" watching you are contributing to the perception that the "government" IS WATCHING, and facilitating the "government's" presumed desire to regulate your behavior without the "government" doing anything, but creating the "fear" that the "government" can and does watch everything you do.

Probably just the Men In Black. Nothing to worry about.
I have been told this will be a bad year for weather, politics, you name it .... maybe they were time travelers
First answer "what" ... then the "who"!

By "assuming" that it is the "government" watching you are contributing to the perception that the "government" IS WATCHING, and facilitating the "government's" presumed desire to regulate your behavior without the "government" doing anything, but creating the "fear" that the "government" can and does watch everything you do. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't actually out to get you.
what did you expect JD, after making the announcement that you were going to be at Starlight this weekend? ....you know they're watching you.
Did it stay for the whole performance? Some techy didn't want to sit with you. Had a camera and watched from home.
Was spamalot a political production?
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't actually out to get you. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
That's true. Who's paranoid?
  • WTF
  • 06-03-2013, 07:57 AM

Maybe is was your boyfriend spying on you. Are you running around on him again?

Are you sure it wasn't JUNKALOT?
Saturday night I was settling down to watch the road show production of "Spamalot" at Kansas City's Starlight Theater when I saw someone pointing. I spun around and spied a rotary unmanned vehicle orbiting behind us watching. It was the helicopter kind with a rotor span of about five feet. It was hovering less than a hundred feet off the ground as we prepared to sing the national anthem. Looked at the local news broadcast to see if they were doing some filming but no. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So, was it a remote control toy?

RC airplanes and helicopters have been around for decades. The guy operating it could have been standing 100 yards away practicing his maneuvers.
No, this was no toy. A central, main rotor with articulating cameras underneath.
No, this was no toy. A central, main rotor with articulating cameras underneath. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
There are toys like that, too. Central rotor inside a shell like a flying saucer?