$12 billion a month x 10 years

• CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 01:10 PM
nothing like buying a purple thumb ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22593345
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzz
Chevrolet might get in the black selling to the car bombers.
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 03:49 PM
water soluble purple ink

yes, W was THAT smart.
water soluble purple ink

yes, W was THAT smart. Originally Posted by CJ7
Uh, if Obama isn't responsible for every decision made by the IRS, I don't see how W was responsible for every decision in the Iraqi election, including the use of water soluble ink.

But, actually, choosing water soluble ink was the smart move.

As you don't recall, the militants threatened with death anyone who participated in the so-called "American" elections. So it was important that the average Iraqi citizen be able to wash the ink of his thumb over voting.

That way is he was grabbed on the street by Al Qaeda terrorists, his thumb would not still be purple.
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 05:24 PM
still a hellofadeal for only $12 Billion $$$ a month
still a hellofadeal for only $12 Billion $$$ a month Originally Posted by CJ7
That part I am not arguing.

I say we should have gone it, flattened the place and left within 3 months. After that we should have stayed on the side lines while they tore each other apart..
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 05:33 PM

I say we should have gone it, flattened the place and left within 3 months. After that we should have stayed on the side lines while they tore each other apart.. Originally Posted by ExNYer

save the people from an evil dictator by flattening the country ..

makes perfect sense if you don't think about it
Makes perfect sense if you think about if from the perspective of crushing Arab dictatorships, letting the Islamists try to govern, fall flat on their incompetent faces, and finally have to give way to competent secularists.

It's all about speeding up the process.

The sooner the average Muslim comes to the conclusion Islam and the Koran do NOT provide any useful guidelines for governing in the modern world, the sooner they will develop something vaguely resembling a liberal democracy.
  • CJ7
  • 05-20-2013, 06:22 PM
whatever
Zzzzzz
  • Old-T
  • 05-21-2013, 07:41 PM

I say we should have gone it, flattened the place and left within 3 months. After that we should have stayed on the side lines while they tore each other apart.. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Even simpler: we should not have gone into Iraq the second time at all, and instead gotten the job done right in Afghanistan. We had a far better reason for going into Afghanistan, had world backing, but then totally screwed it up because we refocused on Iraq and created a two-front war.

Sadam was as disgusting a human being as I can think of off the top of my head, but it was still utterly stupid to let ourselves get goaded into Iraq-2 for all the wrong reasons and with a delusional sense of how easy it would be.