why voter id laws should be supported -
http://www.wltx.com/news/article/167...May-Have-Voted

why voter id laws should not be supported -
http://www.freep.com/print/article/2...oter-ID-fights

this poll closes in 30 days.

this poll is anonymous.
  • KCJoe
  • 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Haven't heard proof of any widespread voter fraud taking place. Prove that it is happening, than I might support it. When less than half of eligible voters actually voting, I can't imagine that much fraud taking place, or for that matter, people without some form of id trying to actually trying to vote.
  • WTF
  • 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Haven't heard proof of any widespread voter fraud taking place. Prove that it is happening, than I might support it. When less than half of eligible voters actually voting, I can't imagine that much fraud taking place, or for that matter, people without some form of id trying to actually trying to vote. Originally Posted by KCJoe
I take that as a no vote KC, I'm with ya on this one.

This law is no different than gun control laws.

Much a fuc'n do about nothing.

Waste of time and money. I thought the TeaPots were aganist that but it appears not.

I think they want to make sure nobody from Mars comes and votes!

No, we don't want people coming and voting from Uranus.
The voter registration card should be the ID. No voter should be required to get an additional federal, state or local ID just so they can vote. If I don't drive, I could still vote. If I don't have a passport, I could still vote. It is not right to make someone pay for an additional ID before they participate in what is such a rudimentary and fundimental part of our nation. And no matter how poor or destitute you are, you still have rights and that includes the right to vote. *salute*

CT
Haven't heard proof of any widespread voter fraud taking place. Prove that it is happening, than I might support it. When less than half of eligible voters actually voting, I can't imagine that much fraud taking place, or for that matter, people without some form of id trying to actually trying to vote. Originally Posted by KCJoe
Prove that locking your door keeps your belongings safe. . . the smaller the voter turn out the smaller the fraud factor has to be to be effective.

How about providing proof it would be a problem?
The voter registration card should be the ID. No voter should be required to get an additional federal, state or local ID just so they can vote. If I don't drive, I could still vote. If I don't have a passport, I could still vote. It is not right to make someone pay for an additional ID before they participate in what is such a rudimentary and fundimental part of our nation. And no matter how poor or destitute you are, you still have rights and that includes the right to vote. *salute*

CT Originally Posted by cousintim
Then you also don't have a checking account? Or credit cards? Or utilities at your home? Or a mortgage? Or rent a place to live?

Complete BS. Everyone has to have positive ID to survive in today's world.
Then you also don't have a checking account? Or credit cards? Or utilities at your home? Or a mortgage? Or rent a place to live?

Complete BS. Everyone has to have positive ID to survive in today's world. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Mainly because the constitution protects a person right to vote. It doesn't protect those other things. This is a solution looking for a problem. That argument your pushing was thought up by someone else for the sole purpose of suppressing democratic votes.

Amend the constitution to say you need a ID to vote and I'll be right there with you. Until then drop it try again
The Constitution doesn't guarantee a right to vote, so no amendment is necessary.
Maybe the GOP could require everyone who says their an republician to produce a ID before they get to vote.

Problem Solved!

I like helping you guy out. More more illegals sneaking in this country and voting. And no more of those dead people voting too. Because there the ones Obama is counting on in 2012.
I can't have that showing ID. They could find out I'm not a citizen
Mainly because the constitution protects a person right to vote. It doesn't protect those other things. This is a solution looking for a problem. That argument your pushing was thought up by someone else for the sole purpose of suppressing democratic votes.

Amend the constitution to say you need a ID to vote and I'll be right there with you. Until then drop it try again Originally Posted by jhende3
Actually, according to the Constitution, the states are responsible for determining who is eligible to vote. Furthermore, the idea that ID cards cost too much is lame. Any country that can require every citizen to enroll in a national health care system must be able to verify that only U.S. citizens entitled to care are receiving care: so what about a dual purpose ID card? You already need an ID card to receive health care insurance: unless you are paying cash. And what about those free cell phones? Surely ID cards costs less than a cell phone and service?
it may not be widespread as it used to be, but it is occurring in a number of places.

the link I provided about dead voters is one such example.

IB has posted a number of vote fraud links in another voter id thread.
Senator stuart smalley won by illegally cast felon votes.

The proclivity of Chicago's grave yards as well as west texas cemetaries
to vote 100% democrat is the stuff presidencies are made of.

I have to present a valid id to buy
my firearms and ammo.

How do these people cash their welfare checks?
Or I guess lonestarcard doesn't require id.

What about tax refund?
it may not be widespread as it used to be, but it is occurring in a number of places.

the link I provided about dead voters is one such example.

IB has posted a number of vote fraud links in another voter id thread. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
The Myth of Voter Fraud