Condoms for those with Latex Allergies

Someone I know in the real world mentioned latex allergies and condoms.

There are a couple of solutions to this.

1) SKYN condoms. These are made from pure chemical polyisoprene, which is the rubber in latex condoms, but it's synthesized chemically, not made from tree sap. Most people who are allergic to latex are actually allergic to the proteins in the tree sap, not the actual latex rubber.

SKYN is pretty good, whether you have an allergy or not.

However, SKYN is like natural latex and susceptible to oils and should only be used with water based lubricants. No oil of any kind with either type.

There's at least one other brand of polyisoprene condom.

2) Polyurethane condoms

These are made from a different chemical than natural latex.

They can stand up to most oil based lubricants.

They're very strong, but don't stretch like latex/polyisoprene. Some people say they may break more often or don't stay on as well. If you're concerned, buy some and stretch them and see how hard they are to break.
I LOVE the lifestlye Skynz never had one break.no funky smell or taste
ty for that info thats very helpfull
I LOVE the lifestlye Skynz never had one break.no funky smell or taste Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
It's the polyurethane condoms, not the SKYN condoms, that some people say are a little prone to break.

The SKYN condoms are polyisoprene, and should be just like natural latex condoms other than taste, smell, or allergies. If anything, they should be a little stronger since the material they're made from are more tightly controlled, rather than coming from plant sap that varies from batch to batch.
ty for that info thats very helpfull Originally Posted by sxyveronica
Want to do some research together, my dear?
I'm allergic to latex and really like the Skyns, BUT they have an awful smell (at least to me - I have a sensitive sense of smell). But my clients like them, so that's all that matters
FC2 Female Condoms are also latex free. They are made of nitrile, another synthetic rubber that is frequently used in medical gloves, usually blue in color, because it is non-allergic. The "2" is important since the older version was made of polyurethane which some people found less enjoyable and also "noisy".
FC2 Female Condoms are also latex free. They are made of nitrile, another synthetic rubber that is frequently used in medical gloves, usually blue in color, because it is non-allergic. The "2" is important since the older version was made of polyurethane which some people found less enjoyable and also "noisy". Originally Posted by greymouse
I've always wanted to try those female condoms, too.

Yes, the blue or purple nitrile gloves are great. I keep a box around the house for those occasions when I need to deal with something where I don't want to touch something nasty. The nitrile gloves also have less of a tendency to degrade over time and get weak, sticky or simply turn to goo.

They cost a little more, but for us non-medical people, we don't use enough gloves to matter.

I guess I'm a perv, though. Now I'm thinking of what it would be like to use an actual glove as a condom.

Actually, I KNOW I'm a perv. Aren't we all pervs in here?
The difference between condoms 10 years ago and today is night and day.

Great advances in material science, manufacturing tolerances have enabled manufacturers (Japanese have been the leaders in making them nanothin) and luckily this has long been on the retail shelves at the local Walgreens.

These condoms are great. Never failed. Sensitive. Warning: they run a little small so if you are big boy get the large or magnum size.

19Trees
Trees, are you saying that you're packing heat? ;D