Well it isn’t the economy stupid

What does it say about a country that picks its leaders on a woman’s right to murder their unborn children?
What does it say about a country that picks its leaders on a woman’s right to murder their unborn children? Originally Posted by oilfieldace
It says we lack a fundamental regard for human lives.
What does it say about a country that picks its leaders on a woman’s right to murder their unborn children? Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Every great civilization has things that later generations in the future look back and say….”What were they thinking”

Hundreds of years from now, will future generations look back at 21st Century America and say…..”yes, they were a great society. But they killed millions of their unborn children for convenience sake. What were they thinking”?
Every great civilization has things that later generations in the future look back and say….”What were they thinking”

Hundreds of years from now, will future generations look back at 21st Century America and say…..”yes, they were a great society. But they killed millions of their unborn children for convenience sake. What were they thinking”? Originally Posted by Jackie S

Yeah somehow, I doubt that.
Will it really matter...thousands of beers from now
  • WTF
  • 11-09-2022, 04:50 PM
Over populate Earth and war after war fighting for resources...and I will say ...WTF we're they thinking?

Ww are ready to start another Civil War when gas spikes above 5 dollars!
  • WTF
  • 11-09-2022, 04:54 PM
One last point....who the fuck wants to overpopulate the world with those that can least afford to?
One last point....who the fuck wants to overpopulate the world with those that can least afford to? Originally Posted by WTF
Easy, people that think murder is both a criminal offense and a sin. It appears you don’t so what the fuck ever . That’s your fucking problem
It says that a lot of people (myself included) don't consider it to be murder like you do. It's that simple.

I think it is safe to say that if someone ran under a platform that consisted of pro-choice for murdering humans that they would probably not receive a single vote other than from people who will end up on death row in prison. And maybe some votes from folks in Detroit and the South side of Chicago. Haha
They arent paying for anything so they dont care

hell, hookers on here are on welfare collecting fuck money and food stamps
It says that a lot of people (myself included) don't consider it to be murder like you do. It's that simple.

I think it is safe to say that if someone ran under a platform that consisted of pro-choice for murdering humans that they would probably not receive a single vote other than from people who will end up on death row in prison. And maybe some votes from folks in Detroit and the South side of Chicago. Haha Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
I don’t care what you think, you are wrong, just keep on being wrong, that sort of thinking is what will destroy this country. If one kills a pregnant woman and the baby dies that is a double homicide. Woman have every right to control there body, don’t kill a human being just because you can. It’s murder in the eyes the one that matters. Good day
Ace, we'll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. I won't change your mind and you won't change my mind. It is what it is.

If it is murder, I guess I should be doing life in prison right now. I'll turn myself in ASAP to end the freedom that I don't deserve to have for paying a hitman (the physician) to kill for me. LOL
Probably says they don't give a hoot about capital punishment.

Can't be too choosey on the life you want to take.
  • Tiny
  • 11-09-2022, 07:52 PM
Gentlemen, I respect all of you, so I'm not trying to start an argument here. Rather, I'm trying to understand why you feel like you do. I'm pro choice, but abortion doesn't affect my preference in candidates. Rather it actually is the "economy stupid", as oilfieldace puts it. I vote with my pocket book in mind, first and foremost.

My cousin is a Republican/Libertarian, like me (it runs in the family), who might have voted for Trump in 2016 if Gary Johnson had't been running. She thought favorably of Trump until the post 2020 election shenanigans. In this election however, she voted a straight Democratic ticket. The sole reason was the abortion issue. She's mad as hell and has marched in a couple of protests. I believe this issue, abortion, really holds back the Republican Party.

Also, as the Waco Kid has noted several times, if you assume children are likely to vote like their parents, the legalization of abortion has resulted in millions fewer Democrats populating the country. This is an electoral advantage for Republicans.

My question, why do you believe abortion is immoral, in the early stages of pregnancy? Why do you believe it's equivalent to murder?

My thoughts -- I took a couple of biology classes in college, so I'm an expert, just like my friend adav8s28! I don't believe there's much difference between a human embryo and a frog embryo. And up to 12 weeks anyway, I'm not sure why it's necessarily more immoral to get an abortion than to kill a dog.

As to religious reasons, the Bible doesn't have much to say about this. My cousin has researched this a bit, and can spout Biblical verses that could justify the practice. I just googled "Biblical verses abortion" and one of the first things that came up was this, written by people who are obviously pro life, and deeply religious,

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...bout-abortion/

Ironically, a couple of these passages are the same as what my cousin quoted. I'll repeat them here. And I think I agree with her. Apparently Hebrews were using poisons to try to determine whether fetuses were the product of adultery. If they were, the poisons would cause the woman to miscarry. That is, Hebrew priests were performing chemical abortions, presumably sanctioned by God.

Numbers 5:27-28
27 If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse.
28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

Numbers 5:19-22
19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you.
20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”—
21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.
22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” “ ‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”
  • WTF
  • 11-09-2022, 08:22 PM
Easy, people that think murder is both a criminal offense and a sin. It appears you don’t so what the fuck ever . That’s your fucking problem Originally Posted by oilfieldace
I do not consider it murder.

But I respect your opinion that it is...you aren't made to get one.

I believe it is a choice between a doctor and woman.