Mr. Trump Pittsburgh

Finally a reliable source

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Donald Trump recalibrates his standing in GOP after primary setbacks

Donald Trump has long been the dominant force in Republican politics, but as he has faced a spate of setbacks in recent weeks — punctuated last week by the defeat of his favored gubernatorial candidate in Georgia — the former president has been privately fretting about who might challenge him.

Mr. Trump has been quizzing advisers and visitors at his Mar-a-Lago resort in South Florida about his budding rivals for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, including his former vice president, Mike Pence, and Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Among his questions, according to several advisers, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations: Who will actually run against him? What do the polls show? Who are his potential foes meeting with?

He also had revived conversations about announcing a presidential exploratory committee to try to dissuade challengers, they say, even as some party officials and advisers continue to urge him to wait until after the midterm elections to announce that he’s running.

Mr. Trump’s deliberations follow prominent defeats this month for chosen candidates in Idaho, Nebraska, North Carolina and now Georgia, where former senator David Perdue was defeated Tuesday by Mr. Trump’s arch-nemesis, Gov. Brian Kemp, who refused his entreaties to overturn the election he lost in the state in 2020. The defeats were driven by rival Republican power centers amid a growing sense that Mr. Trump may not hold the dominant sway he once had over the party.

Throughout Georgia, Republican voters said they simply dismissed Mr. Trump’s sharp criticisms of Mr. Kemp and overwhelmingly elected the incumbent governor, delivering a remarkable repudiation of the former president by giving Mr. Kemp a victory of about 50 percentage points.

In his victory speech, Mr. Kemp did not mention Mr. Trump and barely mentioned Mr. Perdue. “Even in the middle of a tough primary, conservatives across our state didn’t listen to the noise. They didn’t get distracted,” he said. “Georgia Republicans went to the ballot box and overwhelmingly endorsed four more years of our vision for this great state.”

That Mr. Trump spent more than $2.5 million on behalf of Mr. Perdue, held a rally in Georgia and relentlessly attacked Mr. Kemp but was still defeated was the latest sign that his influence over the Republican Party, while considerable, has receded somewhat in recent months. In another defeat for Mr. Trump, Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state who resisted Mr. Trump’s calls to “find” votes in 2020, was far ahead of his opponent, Trump-backed Rep. Jody Hice.

The Republican Governors Association steered $5 million to defeat Mr. Perdue after backing victors against Trump picks in Nebraska and Idaho. The emerging field of 2024 rivals have grown increasingly bold in their willingness to campaign against his interests. And in the U.S. Senate, all but 11 Senate Republicans joined with Democrats on a recent military aid bill for Ukraine despite Mr. Trump’s criticism of the measure as a misplaced priority given the domestic baby formula shortage.

The former president has also found himself fighting in races in Ohio, Alabama and Pennsylvania against the Club for Growth, a deep-pocketed conservative group that once advised him. His candidate for Senate in Pennsylvania, Mehmet Oz, is locked in a tight race with Dave McCormick, which is headed for a recount after the May 17 primary there, and has ignored Mr. Trump’s repeated calls to declare victory before all ballots are counted. And Mr. Trump’s pick for governor in Pennsylvania, state Sen. Doug Mastriano, found his primary victory marred last week by a statement from the RGA suggesting that the group did not see him as a competitive candidate.

The shifts add up to the biggest challenge to Mr. Trump’s self-image — “The king of endorsements,” he recently boasted — since his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, riots at the U.S. Capitol thrust his party into temporary chaos. Few in the party still publicly oppose or criticize him while seeking elected office, but a growing group has been working overtime to show that he can be ignored and is not infallible.

But privately, his team increasingly expects Republican challengers — potentially including Mr. DeSantis, Mr. Pence, former secretary of state Mike Pompeo and former New Jersey governor Chris Christie, along with others — to come after him in 2024. Among his advisers biggest concerns though is that Mr. DeSantis, who has dominated chatter among Republican operatives and donors, takes Mr. Trump on.

“My guess is a lot of people run against him,” said Tony Fabrizio, his longtime pollster, if Mr. Trump announces he’s running. That view is now widely held in Republican circles.

“I think there is a very real and growing sense — albeit in hushed tones, private conversations, and rarely publicly but more publicly now than ever before — of people saying maybe not that he’s a paper tiger, but that his power is greatly diminished,” one person close to him said. “Privately, no one around Trump — and when I say no one, I mean no one, other than the handful of people who wouldn’t have any professional existence without him — wants him to run again.”

Another Republican operative who recently met with Mr. Trump said it is now clear that Mr. Trump will have to compete to win the 2024 GOP nomination.
Is this another Tinky Winky spam thread?

https://t.me/BoldSpearElmerFudd/76124
If not for Trump trashing thread this guy would have nothing.
He needs help with the Trump on the brain obsession...VERY unhealthy
2 bozos show up

Bambino doesn't seem to like his hometown newspaper as a source. He prefers sources like bitchute and thegatewaypundit to get his information about Mr. Trump.

Mr. Squat showed up. His partner Diddly can't be far behind.

The other bozo just came back from a recent ban because he couldn't contain himself with his rants about Mr. Biden. Talk about unhealthy obsessions.....he takes the cake.
tinky winky.... tsk tsk tsk

your tds is in overdrive.

what you need to do is take a deep breath... and jump in a lake!

Vinne will make sure you're properly weighted!
... Thanks for the GOOD LAUGH there, Vita.

Seeing-as they constantly do polling, and Trump is FAR AHEAD
of anyone else for the Republican 2024 nod - I'd say the
opinion-piece there is weak at-best.

Trump is 98-7 as-of right now in primary endorsements.
And could win some still being contested.
Of the 7 losses - 5 of them were NOT favoured to win.
You must have missed that. ... So did the writer.

And lemme mention - before YOU and the other liberal lads
get excited - that the Post-Gazette newspaper can't even
sell a daily paper. ... They are a 3 or 4 day-a-week edition.

Now if I still remember from primary school - there are 7 days
in a week. So a daily newspaper would print 7 days a week.
Makes sense.
The other paper - The Trib - prints ALL 7 days... Not 3 or 4.

Hmmmm... Maybe YOU should be a part-time poster in the forum, Vita.

#### Salty
2 bozos show up

Bambino doesn't seem to like his hometown newspaper as a source. He prefers sources like bitchute and thegatewaypundit to get his information about Mr. Trump.

Mr. Squat showed up. His partner Diddly can't be far behind.

The other bozo just came back from a recent ban because he couldn't contain himself with his rants about Mr. Biden. Talk about unhealthy obsessions.....he takes the cake. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Rants...yours are NONSTOP against Trump although he hasn't been in office in over a year and a half. On the other hand the disasterous situation we all live in the PRESENT day courtesy of the senile fucker that is destroying America as we know it and you can’t even admit it...that's some sorry shit on your part. You are the delusional one...get a life outside your Trump obsession...you got some nerve, talk about bozos
You finger pointing chump.
... Thanks for the GOOD LAUGH there, Vita.

Seeing-as they constantly do polling, and Trump is FAR AHEAD
of anyone else for the Republican 2024 nod - I'd say the
opinion-piece there is weak at-best.

Trump is 98-7 as-of right now in primary endorsements.
And could win some still being contested.
Of the 7 losses - 5 of them were NOT favoured to win.
You must have missed that. ... So did the writer.

And lemme mention - before YOU and the other liberal lads
get excited - that the Post-Gazette newspaper can't even
sell a daily paper. ... They are a 3 or 4 day-a-week edition.

Now if I still remember from primary school - there are 7 days
in a week. So a daily newspaper would print 7 days a week.
Makes sense.
The other paper - The Trib - prints ALL 7 days... Not 3 or 4.

Hmmmm... Maybe YOU should be a part-time poster in the forum, Vita.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
President Donald J. Trump:

My (OUR!) Endorsements are stronger now than they have ever been. 98% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. 101 to 6 just in this cycle, including Dr. Oz. “Ultra” MAGA!

98/7 is wrong

President Donald J. Trump:

My (OUR!) Endorsements are stronger now than they have ever been. 98% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. 101 to 6 just in this cycle, including Dr. Oz. “Ultra” MAGA!

The PG is a Libtard rag, and failing. Pittsburgh has been a corrupt Democratic strong hold for ever. That’s why the surrounding counties are flourishing. They are leaving the Burgh. High taxes and crime.

Tinky Winky is an ignorant troll.
So one bozo loves Trump more than he loves his Dick … my e because he can only see one of them

The other one has uncontrollable anger issues. A red flag example if ever there was one.

The third one is a butt plug.

Which one is Shemp?
I was just in Pittsburgh last week. It didn't seem that bad. The remaining pizza shops are still fantastic.
I was just in Pittsburgh last week. It didn't seem that bad. The remaining pizza shops are still fantastic. Originally Posted by VitaMan
“Remaining pizza shops”? Which ones closed? Which ones did you visit?
So one bozo loves Trump more than he loves his Dick … my e because he can only see one of them

The other one has uncontrollable anger issues. A red flag example if ever there was one.

The third one is a butt plug.

Which one is Shemp? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You’re a stooge. They were your cousins, like Ron Jeremy.
We loaded and moved out 6 shipping containers on the Norfolk Southern railway. There are some great people in Pittsburgh. They treat you well.
We loaded and moved out 6 shipping containers on the Norfolk Southern railway. There are some great people in Pittsburgh. They treat you well. Originally Posted by VitaMan
You didn’t answer my question Tinky Winky. What part of town did you load the train. What were you loading? Pizzas?
I am not interested in a conversation with you Mr. Squat. You wouldn't even know how containers are loaded at Norfolk Southern, 701 Wall Avenue.

As I said, there are some great people in Pittsburgh.