Ukraine US Forces prediction

Saw this prediction that makes sense based on the political environment.

The Biden Regime will put our troops in Ukraine️ by Labor Day if war still going. That is why we are funding a likely hopeless but ongoing Ukrainian resistance, to buy some time before this call can be politically made.They knows this election is lost, so it doesn’t matter this will be extremely unpopular.

This will be done with an eye to the next election cycle. An attempt to try to split the new GOP majority by forcing it to choose funding troops/war, or alienating its America First base. Especially with Trump 2024 likely on the horizon for a comeback.

I actually suspect we have SOCOM troops already active in Ukraine... this is going to be 10th Mountain or 101st/82nd Speed Bumps.
Fuck Ukraine
I thoroughly disagree that the Ukrainian resistance if futile. I said that eventually they would win back in March and I still think so...unless Putin resorts to nukes and all bets are off. New game.
I thoroughly disagree that the Ukrainian resistance if futile. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
It is if the goal is just to get US forces on the ground.
  • WTF
  • 05-31-2022, 09:48 AM
Fuck Ukraine Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Now now comrade Vadi
  • WTF
  • 05-31-2022, 09:49 AM
It is if the goal is just to get US forces on the ground. Originally Posted by texassapper
From a political standpoint, it sounds like sound strategy
From a political standpoint, it sounds like sound strategy Originally Posted by WTF

what purpose does it serve politically or otherwise to put US troops into combat in Ukraine?

do you own options in Ukrainian oil?
....do you own options in Ukrainian oil? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
He may not, but I knows of a few who do --> The Sons of Ukraine

It would be insane to put our "official" boots on the ground there, even though everyone knows we've had boots and soft shoes on the ground there for years.
It would be insane to put our "official" boots on the ground there, even though everyone knows we've had boots and soft shoes on the ground there for years. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

not if your goal is to start WWIII
  • WTF
  • 05-31-2022, 11:07 AM
what purpose does it serve politically or otherwise to put US troops into combat in Ukraine?

do you own options in Ukrainian oil? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
If you read the OP article...it spells it out.

Ukrainian oil may not be the optimal oil to own right now.
  • WTF
  • 05-31-2022, 11:08 AM
not if your goal is to start WWIII Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Now that is a tad overly dramatic
If you read the OP article...it spells it out.

Ukrainian oil may not be the optimal oil to own right now. Originally Posted by WTF

there is no link in the post. of course Ukraine oil is not "optimal" to own. the assets are in a war zone genius. as it stands now Russia controls the bulk of them because Russia controls eastern Ukraine.

the real question which went over yer head is why would the US get directly involved in this?
  • WTF
  • 05-31-2022, 11:29 AM
there is no link in the post. of course Ukraine oil is not "optimal" to own. the assets are in a war zone genius. as it stands now Russia controls the bulk of them because Russia controls eastern Ukraine.

the real question which went over yer head is why would the US get directly involved in this? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
My apologies...it is in red font in the OP.

Because we do not want the bulk of Europe dependent on Russian energy is the short answer.
My apologies...it is in red font in the OP.

Because we do not want the bulk of Europe dependent on Russian energy is the short answer. Originally Posted by WTF

and starting WWIII will solve that how exactly? Germany and others knew who they were crawling into bed with. let them sleep in Putin's wet spot.

of course .. if the US was still a net exporter of oil ...