So now that dominance has be reestablished

Handles have been culled from the herd.
Chests have been properly puffed.
Rules have been selectively enforced to make it all feel proper and justified.

Can we get back to the important stuff like who wants to blow me while watching Duck Soup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Gwe5gKgjo
Rules have been selectively enforced to make it all feel proper and justified. Originally Posted by Bob McV
Why do you believe rules were "selectively" enforced? Maybe you do not realize that when a thread is pulled and stuck in a section for MOD and ADMIN Input it gets looked at by dozens of staff members that make recommendations. Admins and even the Owner provide directives at times....

Maybe you do not know that a Mods hardest set of critics are the other Mods and Admins of the site.....
Why do you believe rules were "selectively" enforced? Maybe you do not realize that when a thread is pulled and stuck in a section for MOD and ADMIN Input it gets looked at by dozens of staff members that make recommendations. Admins and even the Owner provide directives at times....

Maybe you do not know that a Mods hardest set of critics are the other Mods and Admins of the site..... Originally Posted by Whispers
In my experience, rules are rarely enforced otherwise when left up to interpretation of a few. Without any dialogue from these dozens of staff members or dissenting opinions of those in the minority. I feel I have little choice than to assume decisions were made selectively.

Do you feel they weren't?

I am not trying to pick a fight with you here, just the opposite, I fully acknowledge that you are the big dog on the block and when you get riled people are ejected. I hope you gracefully take the win and not try to spin it further.

In an attempt to keep this thread from being derailed; I got Horse Feather playing right now, wanna come over
In my experience, rules are rarely enforced otherwise when left up to interpretation of a few.

I would think that more than a few were providing interpretation....... Local Mods probably got an earful from their peers and admins....

Without any dialogue from these dozens of staff members or dissenting opinions of those in the minority. I feel I have little choice than to assume decisions were made selectively.

Why can't you "assume" that decisions were made fairly based on the guidelines?

We never know how many points get issued and to whom.....So I can't possibly know that....... I feel one more ban is due but if they cannot connect the legal eagle's account to another member then I can understand why we are not seeing that one........ I don't believe at this time an attorney wrote those 2 posts....

I am not trying to pick a fight with you here, just the opposite, I fully acknowledge that you are the big dog on the block and when you get riled people are ejected. I hope you gracefully take the win and not try to spin it further.

I always wonder why people assume I get riled..... I've always walked my way between the guidelines over the years to make my points by leaving emotion out of it.

Why do you feel I have any input into the people that were banned getting banned? The thread was already pulled from site as I started asking questions..... Once in a staff area I had no doubt people would get banned and the thread edited..... I think returning it is an arduous task and wil take a lot of time....

What most do not understand at the moment is that I still have questions as to why so many feel that outing is an option.....

In an attempt to keep this thread from being derailed; I got Horse Feather playing right now, wanna come over Originally Posted by Bob McV
I'm actually a Marx Bros Fan..... Three Stooges as well..... Might be a little weird though.... Unless you found some hot young chick to blow you..... In which case..... provided she is not exclusive or has a friend.... Pause the movie....

uhhh.... wait a second..... Are you a Popcorn or Pretzel guy
?
In my experience, rules are rarely enforced otherwise when left up to interpretation of a few. Without any dialogue from these dozens of staff members or dissenting opinions of those in the minority. I feel I have little choice than to assume decisions were made selectively.

In an attempt to keep this thread from being derailed; I got Horse Feather playing right now, wanna come over Originally Posted by Bob McV
Not taking sides here but I think it just comes down to precedence.

Let's say for whatever reason some bat shit crazy provider (No shortage of those) gets pissed at any one of us with or without basis.

Assuming this occurrence was dismissed there is absolutely no basis why she couldn't and wouldn't sound an alarm and have your RW screening info posted across the board viewable to even non members.

Now THAT is some pretty scary shit. Is that something that sounds acceptable under any circumstance?

When this violation becomes even remotely acceptable is the day I STOP hobbying.

The only advantages to Eccie period are a) Reviews and b) The understood oath of discretion.

I would think that more than a few were providing interpretation....... Local Mods probably got an earful from their peers and admins....

Why can't you "assume" that decisions were made fairly based on the guidelines?

I always wonder why people assume I get riled.....

Why do you feel I have any input into the people that were banned getting banned?
I'm actually a Marx Bros Fan..... Three Stooges as well..... Might be a little weird though.... Unless you found some hot young chick to blow you..... In which case..... provided she is not exclusive or has a friend.... Pause the movie....

uhhh.... wait a second..... Are you a Popcorn or Pretzel guy
? Originally Posted by Whispers
You seem to know more about the inner workings of the administration staff than I. I have no ideas who and to what extent was involved in interpreting the rules, assessing infractions, and doling punishment.

Why? based on my experience as stated earlier. (and who to say that selective wasn't the most fair or of most benefit to the greater good)

Was riled too strong a word? would involved, called to action? work better for you?

You started no less than 3 threads and have felt the need to comment in several others including this one. From my perspective that comes across as riled.

I feel you have had input because less than 24 hrs after you were called to action, the thread that went unRTMed for days was pulled and people were banned, The community at large had no problems. You did, and based on that; things happened and quickly. I am sure you could claim it as a coincidence.

Not siding in anyway here but I think it just comes down to precedent.

Let's say for whatever reason some bat shit crazy provider gets pissed at any one of us with or without basis.

Assuming this occurrence was dismissed there is absolutely no basis why she couldn't sound an alarm on any monger and have your RW screening info posted across the board viewable to even non members.

Now THAT is some pretty scary shit. Is that something that sounds acceptable under any circumstance? Originally Posted by Windinhishair
1.) I am not sure what your response has to do with anything
2.) Horse Feathers is still playing if you want to come over and blow me.
You seem to know more about the inner workings of the administration staff than I. I have no ideas who and to what extent was involved in interpreting the rules, assessing infractions, and doling punishment.

Why? based on my experience as stated earlier. (and who to say that selective wasn't the most fair or of most benefit to the greater good)

Was riled too strong a word? would involved, called to action? work better for you?

You started no less than 3 threads and have felt the need to comment in several others including this one. From my perspective that comes across as riled.

I feel you have had input because less than 24 hrs after you were called to action, the thread that went unRTMed for days was pulled and people were banned, The community at large had no problems. You did, and based on that; things happened and quickly. I am sure you could claim it as a coincidence.

2.) Horse Feathers is still playing if you want to come over and blow me. Originally Posted by Bob McV

The point that I made stands on it's own.

Disregard the very Clear question if you will but the day it is ever it is allowable to out ANY member (For any reason) is the day that Eccie becomes useless to ALL members. Either my words make sense or they don't.
Forget all that BS. The point that I made stands on it's own. Disregard it if you will but the day it is ever it is allowable to out ANY member (For any reason) is the day that Eccie becomes useless to ALL members.

To imply that I a newcomer was influential in getting mods to do what mods do simply because I asked a few questions regarding the sanity of what was occuring is beyond reaching.

I can assure I have no influence on this board with anyone. Either my words make sense or they don't.

If you want to evade my question then evade it fine but you're sounding pretty silly by trying to imply I a nobody on the board had any weight in mod action. Originally Posted by Windinhishair
Ok internet forum 101

when a person is using a multi-quote reply the reply is the above quote.

so re-read and note that the other two things referring to your post was

To expand on that, you post dealt with nothing related to my original post. However, to avoid further accusations of avoiding questions. I will answer the one question you asked (pre-edit)

Yes.
Ok internet forum 101

when a person is using a multi-quote reply the reply is the above quote.

so re-read and note that the other two things referring to your post was

To expand on that, you post dealt with nothing related to my original post. However, to avoid further accusations of avoiding questions. I will answer the one question you asked (pre-edit)

Yes. Originally Posted by Bob McV
OK scratch my post. I understand that you feel it is OK to Out other board members. Got it.

That simply comes from years of being in the sights of Mods wanting to point or ban me to appease those that seek to pressure them...

In this case no one drew my attention to the thread..... A few days back Toyz had asked for some advice on how to handle things relating to a member that was in his opinion a risk..... I gave him a number to call or text me off the board for such a discussion but never heard from him...... I looked at his post history to see what was up yesterday morning and discovered how badly it had blown up....Less than an hour later the thread was gone as I was entering my first post to it..... I got the error message you get when you try to look at or post to a thread that has been removed....

Hence the threads in CoEd... What I would have said in the thread I said in other threads
Originally Posted by Bob McV

Removing or locking a thread has never stopped me from saying what I want to say..
OK now that you've properly edited my question still stands. The point being "Was the mod action justified with or without Whisper's influence"?

A petty evasive response doesn't dismiss a clear and rational question.
The question is equally valid in terms of your input. By all means avoid and deflect with some evasive and useless banter. Originally Posted by Windinhishair
I'll try this one more time, and I'll type as slow as I can:

..:SNIP:..
Is that something that sounds acceptable under any circumstance? Originally Posted by Windinhishair
Yes.
I'll try this one more time, and I'll type as slow as I can:

Yes. Originally Posted by Bob McV
Yes I caught it after the fact (Two glasses of wine) and edited the appropriate response. When the mods start thinking like you do is the day Eccie comes to an end.
Yes I caught it after the fact and edited the appropriate response. When the mods start thinking like you do is the day Eccie comes to an end. Originally Posted by Windinhishair
I'll have to respectfully disagree.

You didn't ask if it should be common practice, encourage, or even allowed. You asked:
Is that something that sounds acceptable under any circumstance? Originally Posted by Windinhishair

I posit there are in fact circumstances where outing someone would be acceptable.

now back to the actual topic .... Marx Brother's fan anyone? laughing at Harpo and blowing Bob... worse ways to spend midnight
Bob u didn't answer the most important question.

Popcorn or pretzels?!
  • Oafer
  • 01-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Bob u didn't answer the most important question. Popcorn or pretzels?! Originally Posted by NikkiWhite
pay attention to Nikki . . . she may be far away but maybe you can get her over here for you and for us! answer wisely you darned subgenius!