iframe and SWF in Sig

Are we allowed to embed either iframe or SWF files into our sig lines as long as it abides by the size rules?

If so, how do I get it done?
I keep reading something about bbc code? can I convert my file for the format used here?
Yes, No, Maybe so? Can I get some higher power input please?
I have no clue about your problem.
Sometimes patience can be rewarding.

Torito
different bulletin boards and forums have different coding, and allow for different things. this one's powered by vBulletin, so i'd have to take some time to look it up to see what it usually allows/doesn't allow.
Ahhh, Speed, if thats the case, I believe a mod has to put in the code for me.
Alright, I've found limited info on Vbul, at least how to use any code I know to use a friggin banner.. I see lots of people with them though, so theres obviously a secret I'm unaware of.. Mods, can you please enlighten me?
No you cannot embed flash or iframes into your signature, that would expose readers to security issues. Going to http://www.eccie.net/profile.php?do=editsignature will give you an edit box similar to posting here that will let you stylize your signature with centering/bolding/images and so forth.

If you had a specific question on what you're trying to accomplish.
Create a banner, like the ones on the top of the screens here.. I've seen plenty of profiles sporting them, some fancier than others and ranging from GIF to flash (looking) animations. I'm just trying to learn how so I can.
if you can't embed a flash element, try an animated .gif. depending on their optimization, they're can look pixelated and not as clean, but at least you can get something
Speed, I tried GIF, and although I had one up, (was told it was too big, and removed it) I can't upload now.. Keeps telling me I can't post animations.. I've triple checked I was using the GIF version.
You can post the gif to an external image hosting site like http://imgur.com/ then use the img embed tags
Code:
{IMG}http://link_to_img.gif{/IMG}
Replace the {} with []
i just put a gif in my sig to see if it worked, and it did. after i refreshed the page i noticed you did the same also. so, yeah, it works. yay!
Hardnfast, I knew about the gif thing, since them griping about mine was what brought on my search. I had to settle for just that since I can't get a Mod to answer questions about any helpful specifics on this site..

Thanks to yous guys though, think I've got it as down as I'm gonna. Stay safe and have fun!
  • Mokoa
  • 07-05-2013, 07:59 PM
You cannot imbed a flash element because the use of HTML code within a post is turned off in all of the forums. This was done as a security measure to prevent hacking. So, the only way to use animated images here is to put an animated GIF image on a webpage and reference it here with the vBulletin IMG tags as described above. There are no tags for imbedding Flash objects that I am aware of.