Unbelievable Wow

There's an eggnog recipe to go with this.
Do I really need to say more?

That sounds so delicious
Flavored Crown is my absolute favorite! I have a bottle of vanilla Cown with me!

Post that eggnog recipe, sweetheart! I’m totally interested in making it for the upcoming holidays.
The XR is great, but to expensive. The Monarch is the best CR for the price.
HMU I have some pulled for the upcoming Season..At my incall of course.
Absolutely Delicious
They once had a special where they would send you a real Crown Royal Label with a person's name on it. I bought a dozen with names of my friends and added the label to a new bottle for Christmas presents. Everyone asked how I went about having that done.
  • IQ160
  • 09-10-2018, 11:28 PM
I bought a bottle of the salted caramel last night to go along with the vanilla and apple purchased earlier. After having a single shot of each, I went ahead and made a caramel apple ala mode drink and was impressed
I bought a bottle of the salted caramel last night to go along with the vanilla and apple purchased earlier. After having a single shot of each, I went ahead and made a caramel apple ala mode drink and was impressed Originally Posted by IQ160
That reminds me of a moonshine tasting tour I went on earlier in the year. They had a peach moonshine and a green apple moonshine and then some kind of cream shine that they said went great with them. A few of us took up the challenge, myself and the young married girl next to me, her husband begged out. It was vile and the girl busted out laughing at the face I made. I said "it wasn't the taste" and she finished my sentence with "it was the mouth feel" Had it been a crowd I was more comfortable with and her husband not standing 3 feet from me I would have exclaimed to her "so that's what it feels like to take a guys load into your mouth" I know from the way she was laughing she had to be thinking the same thing.

I did end up picking up the Coffee Moonshine from them and it was excellent.
Kinky Little Nikki introduced me to apple-flavored Crown Royal mixed with Bailey's irish Cream. Absolutely delicious...so was the drink.
Im an old-fashioned girl myself
Im an old-fashioned girl myself Originally Posted by hbabykc
I make those with Eagle Rare Kentucky Straight Bourbon.
I need a new bottle though (xmas gift hint).
Post the recipe please
Old Fashioned:
It’s not so much the recipe, but, how the recipe is constructed.

2 maybe 3 dashes of Bitters (see below)
1 Sugar Cube (small) or half teaspoon
Water – splash
One ice cube (uno, evas, un, oanh)
One twist of lemon rind
2 oz of Rye, or bourbon (use quality alcohol)
One stirring rod
1 old fashioned glass (required, how else should an old fashion be served?)

Those that know me are expecting extra comments, for the rest of you, well….
Use real sugar, cube preferred, or a half teaspoon. No sugar packets with all the chemicals those have. WTF, seriously we’re not amateurs here.
Club soda instead of a splash of water? No, no, no (that’s not in the older recipes even if mentioned in other recipes). Is not Old Fashioned defined as Old Fashioned?
Bitters, Angostura preferred, perhaps orange. It depends on personal preference. Note that orange bitters may conflict with the final garnish.

Ok, the prep.
Sugar into the glass, wet that down with 2 dashes of bitters and a splash of water.
Muddle the mix, then roll the glass so the muddle gives the glass a lining.
Add the ice cube
Add 2 oz. of bourbon or rye
Add twist of lemon rind
Add stirring rod and serve

Depending on the actual alcohol, perhaps a third dash of bitters up front. The idea is to bring out the taste of the alcohol, not overwhelm it.
Some substitute an orange peel instead of the lemon rind. If so, do not use orange bitters.

The civie who added an upgraded bottle Jameson to my bar smiled about the Old Fashioned I made her using the Eagle Rare Kentucky Straight Bourbon. Not her only smile that evening.