Mother's and Father's Day

I was wondering if your wife or husband be it common law or by some binding religion.

If there are no children do you call it Mothers Day and still celebrate?
nah... sit around and bitch that she is barren and I am impotent and who is the blame...

but really... just ignore the days, as Jews ingore 12/25 an Christians Ignore Passover...
I ignore religious holidays... Unless I'm getting presents! haha
nah... sit around and bitch that she is barren and I am impotent and who is the blame...

but really... just ignore the days, as Jews ingore 12/25 an Christians Ignore Passover... Originally Posted by live4fun
Ignore 12/25? Don't be silly. If you're in retail, you go down to the store, put up a little tree, dance around it and sing "What a friend we have in Jesus"...

(ducking the brickbats aimed my way)

And lately a lot of Christians have been paying attention to Passover, if only to co-opt it.

Anyway, we celebrated Mothers Day and Fathers Day even before we had kids. A holiday's a holiday.
  • bbkid
  • 05-02-2010, 02:38 PM
She ain't my mother and I ain't her father. About all we do is give a verbal "Happy ---Day" and that's about it.
It's not 'man or woman' day. It's "mothers" or "fathers" day.

It would not surprise me if the ACLU or some other organization filed a Federal Suite saying that this holiday descriminates against those that are childless.
....some other organization filed a Federal Suite saying that this holiday descriminates against those that ........ . Originally Posted by Jackie S
....do not have an identifiable father .... err.. and mother.

It's not a "holiday" .... anyway .... parents do not get one.