Does anyone remember Mama's pizza in Plano?

I know it is still on Parker road, but has the pizza has changed? I hadn't been there in a long time and I went about 6 months ago and it sucked.

The pizza is different than it used to be. Am I right or just not remembering correctly?

It used to be deep dish with lots of cheese that covered the toppings. Now it isn't that, it sucks.

Is there another place around the Dallas area that has pizza similar to what mama's used to be?

Was the one in plano associated with the one in fort worth at one time? Did they "break up"?
I remember it and use to go there quite a bit. I haven't been there in years. I now eat at Papa Johns, Fireside Pies, or BJ's. BJ's has an excellent deep dish pizza and many beer choices. One in Plano and one in Allen.
  • Lanny
  • 06-08-2012, 11:02 PM
...back in the 80s - 90s....seems there was one in coit/campbell or coit/arapaho areas on border of richardson/dallas...

How bout these other Pizza Places:

Pipe Organ Pizza in Promenade in Richardson....

Mr, Gattis Pizza (multiple locations)

and last, but not least...Shakey's Pizza off Arapaho...first place I saw NFL Follies
as a teenager and thought it was awesome....

But, back to OP...I am sure Mama's is under different mgmt than in their heyday....sadly, this is downfall of many restaurants....
Chicago's Finest in Plano is pretty good, I usually get the thin crust though, but the deep dish is also pretty good. They have Italian beef sandwiches as well.

http://chicagosfinestpizza.com/