Doctor appointments

I cancelled an appointment with my Dermatologist last month. Having been born in South Florida and spent my youth and ensuing years burning on South Beach, I see a Dermo 3 or 4 times a year.

I get a message from my Dermo welcoming back patients and wanting to know if I would like to reschedule my missed appointment. That was a week ago. I finally got around to making a call and said I would like the next available appointment. Much to my shock and surprise, they told me the next available appointment was August 12! What? For years I have been able to get an appointment in a week or less.

I was told that due to the new restrictions, they have been filling a limited appointment schedule very fast. Ya Think! I said put me down for that date but also put me on a list of cancelled appointments to see if I could get in sooner.

I was going to suggest that in order to keep the waiting room from filling up with people which I assume is the biggest concern, they make the same appointments they had made in the past but tell people they will have to wait in their cars until they are told they can enter the office. I didn't both since giving recommendations to the receptionist was probably a waste of time.

Just wondering how others are dealing with trying to get "non essential" ( if you don't count my face burning from all the damage I have done to my skin) appointments with their doctors.
I cancelled an appointment with my Dermatologist last month. Having been born in South Florida and spent my youth and ensuing years burning on South Beach, I see a Dermo 3 or 4 times a year.

I get a message from my Dermo welcoming back patients and wanting to know if I would like to reschedule my missed appointment. That was a week ago. I finally got around to making a call and said I would like the next available appointment. Much to my shock and surprise, they told me the next available appointment was August 12! What? For years I have been able to get an appointment in a week or less.

I was told that due to the new restrictions, they have been filling a limited appointment schedule very fast. Ya Think! I said put me down for that date but also put me on a list of cancelled appointments to see if I could get in sooner.

I was going to suggest that in order to keep the waiting room from filling up with people which I assume is the biggest concern, they make the same appointments they had made in the past but tell people they will have to wait in their cars until they are told they can enter the office. I didn't both since giving recommendations to the receptionist was probably a waste of time.

Just wondering how others are dealing with trying to get "non essential" ( if you don't count my face burning from all the damage I have done to my skin) appointments with their doctors. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Two things I've seen in my area at least. Your recommendation on the waiting in the car is what one of my largest physician groups in the area have already implemented. You check in on the app when you arrive(or if technology limited) at the desk for your appt. Then they either text you or a greeter steps outside to bring you back in if you checked in at the desk.

They said this is slowing down their throughput around 20% for office visits.

Another one that showed up as a surprise in my area now that it opened up more in my area is eye doctors. A friend of mine had a routine appointment that hadn't been cancelled yet and came due right as things were opening up. She decided to keep it when they called her. She kept it an they were doing the call you from your car thing to check in. So after an extraordinarily long time she was finally called in for the visit.

Got into the chair and started exam and started going through the normal is 1 or 2 better from a lens standpoint. At each question the lens was fogging up and had to be pulled away and cleared again. The Dr said yeah, my exams are now taking 3-4 times as long because of the masks.
Just got a reminder from the Dentist, it's teeth cleaning time. Uh! I think I'll wait on on the Dentist. Hard to clean my teeth with my mask on.
Hard to clean my teeth with my mask on. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
The dentist and staff have on masks....probably shields now. I saw them in February.