NAACP pushes back on Biden’s claim it endorsed him after ‘you ain’t black’ furor

• oeb11
  • 05-23-2020, 12:00 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...NHQ?li=BBnb7Kz

The NAACP on Friday pushed back on a claim by presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden that the civil rights organization had endorsed him “every time I’ve run” — stating that the group never endorses any political candidate.
© Provided by FOX News Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden says he should not have been "so cavalier" in his remarks about black voters.
“Yesterday, former Vice President Joe Biden made a comment about the NAACP’s endorsement,” the statement by Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP, said. “We want to clarify that the NAACP is a non-partisan organization and does not endorse candidates for political office at any level.”

BIDEN EXPRESSES REGRET OVER 'YOU AINT' BLACK' COMMENTS: 'I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO CAVALIER'
The statement was in response to Biden’s claim during an interview with “The Breakfast Club” that the group had endorsed him every time he had run as he sought to tout his credentials in supporting the black community.
“Take a look at my record. I extended the Voting Rights Act for 25 years. I have a record that is second to none. The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run,” he said. “Take a look at the record.”
But Johnson in his statement said that “the NAACP has one mission and that is fighting for and advancing our Black communities towards an equitable reality.”
“Our primary focus at this moment is to ensure that our communities that have been victims of domestic terrorism and disproportionately impacted by this pandemic have the opportunity to cast their powerful vote come November,” he said.
BIDEN SPARKS FIRESTORM WITH RACIAL COMMENTS
The statement comes amid the controversy caused by his remarks in the interview with Charlemagne tha God, where he said that those having a hard time "figuring out" whether to support him or President Trump "ain't black."
“I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said.Slideshow by photo services
After the remarks were blasted across the political spectrum, Biden walked them back, saying in an afternoon phone call with the U.S. Black Chambers that “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”
Biden said he understands the comments sounded like he was taking the black vote "for granted" but insisted that wasn't the case.
"I shouldn't have been such a wise guy," Biden said. "... No one should have to vote for any party, based on their race or religion or background."

Comment_

Biden first tries to define who is "black American" or not, and tries to walk it back and cover his racism by falsely claiming the NAACP endorsed him.

Their statement - They do not endorse political candidates.

Biden may be too senile to understand his Lies when he reads off his scripted statements.

This is the best the DPST's Have ????? - Even H... is girding up for another push in the DNC convention .

She may well be successful!
Biden may well have done more harm to his image by saying he was endorsed by the NAACP every time that he has run.

Apparently, he didn't know they don't endorse anyone!
  • oeb11
  • 05-23-2020, 02:48 PM
Biden may credibly deny by acknowledging his dementia!
Does this all mean that anyone who votes for Biden is Black?
  • oeb11
  • 05-23-2020, 04:25 PM
Ask rachel dolezal!
no worse an assumption than Trump declaring he has been "Man of the Year" in Michigan a few times..
  • oeb11
  • 05-24-2020, 07:57 AM
Enjoy the results of One's vote for Stacy Abrams - if you liked H....
U will love Stacy Abrams as POTUS!