SWAT team arriving in 15

• bw357
  • 01-31-2020, 11:52 AM
Where do you hide?
Where do you hide? Originally Posted by bw357
You don't hide. You walk away, do not run. Get out the back Jack, Make a new plan Stan. At a normal pace, you can walk a mile in 15 minutes.
You don't hide. You walk away, do not run. Get out the back Jack, Make a new plan Stan. At a normal pace, you can walk a mile in 15 minutes. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
you don't need to be coy, Roy.. I'm listening to you.
  • bw357
  • 02-01-2020, 05:39 AM
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus

Thanks, useful. I think that initially upon receiving bad news I'd be jittery/upset, about to lose my mind, up in here. So you'd have to calm down.

2-3-4
~13 minutes
From my house due West is my driveway, 120 yards is the road. If SWAT is coming, I could wander off in any other direction 50 yards, sit down and read a book. They will never find me.

It is all pretty dense forest around here.

I can hunt, forage and fish all without leaving my property.
In general, walk away.
What were you doing at that time, how do you know they're coming and what they're coming for??? Depending on the situation.
  • bw357
  • 02-02-2020, 06:05 AM
From my house due West is my driveway, 120 yards is the road. If SWAT is coming, I could wander off in any other direction 50 yards, sit down and read a book. They will never find me.

I can hunt, forage and fish all without leaving my property. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner
If SWAT is coming we'll all be fucked. Some more than others.

In general, walk away.
What were you doing at that time, how do you know they're coming and what they're coming for??? Depending on the situation. Originally Posted by black stallion
It depends. Suppose I was walking, trying to reflect not on prison rape stories.
Running away, looking the other way when a police offices drives by, or other unusual behavior will draw police attention. Just act normal and move away from their focus of attention. I don't drink and drive, but I surely drive the other direction if I see a police DUI check point. A big car crash on the highway; get off the highway and drive the back streets. It will probably take less time than spending time talking to them. Avoid problems, it makes life nicer.
If swat is coming, chances are they were called by police who are already on site, you walk out to bounce and possibly get tased before Swat ever arrives.
A year ago, we had an incident in our town.

A neighbor went slightly crazy and was shooting at 'spiders' in his home.

Someone called 911, and the state troopers showed up with six vehicles and blocked off the road.

The neighbor WAS NOT shooting at the troopers, so they had no reason to engage him. But they also did not want to approach his house.

The troopers then went door-to-door to talk to all the neighbors, to try to get 'probable cause' from us, so they could approach the house.

The 'stand-off' lasted about 2 hours, the local SWAT never arrived, and finally, one trooper approached the house, talked to the man and calmed down. The troopers just left.
  • bw357
  • 02-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Running away, looking the other way when a police offices drives by, or other unusual behavior will draw police attention. Just act normal and move away from their focus of attention. I don't drink and drive, but I surely drive the other direction if I see a police DUI check point. A big car crash on the highway; get off the highway and drive the back streets. It will probably take less time than spending time talking to them. Avoid problems, it makes life nicer. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
A cop walked up to me and asked for ID. When I asked for clarification he claimed that I had averted my gaze.

If swat is coming, chances are they were called by police who are already on site, you walk out to bounce and possibly get tased before Swat ever arrives. Originally Posted by fingerhertaint
Possibly.

A year ago, we had an incident in our town.

A neighbor went slightly crazy and was shooting at 'spiders' in his home.

Someone called 911, and the state troopers showed up with six vehicles and blocked off the road.

The neighbor WAS NOT shooting at the troopers, so they had no reason to engage him. But they also did not want to approach his house.

The troopers then went door-to-door to talk to all the neighbors, to try to get 'probable cause' from us, so they could approach the house.

The 'stand-off' lasted about 2 hours, the local SWAT never arrived, and finally, one trooper approached the house, talked to the man and calmed down. The troopers just left. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner
It could have played out differently. Commendable behavior on part of those willing to de-escalate.
If swat is coming, chances are they were called by police who are already on site, you walk out to bounce and possibly get tased before Swat ever arrives. Originally Posted by fingerhertaint
I’d love to swat your avatar’s ass. Who is that young thang? Gorgeous thigh gap!

I can hunt, forage and fish all without leaving my property. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner
Real easy to find a warm meat bag in the forest with a basic thermal scope.
Real easy to find a warm meat bag in the forest with a basic thermal scope. Originally Posted by zip2121
I have used those myself. What a pain in the arse.

We can 'what if' a scenario all day long and not accomplish anything.

Our homestead is NOT 100% self-sufficient, but as my wife keeps telling me, we are better situated than 99.95% of the rest of the population.
"A cop walked up to me and asked for ID. When I asked for clarification he claimed that I had averted my gaze. "

No thank you sir. I do not answer questions. I request to see your supervisor.