For your iPad launch party....

... because y'all are having an iPad launch party, right?

The Steve Jobs Cheese Head:

Actually, this is just a sculpture of Steve's head made out of mozzarella, with ground pepper hair and beard. Once sculpted, you can use it to make one of three "cool" dishes: the Apple Cheese Plate, Spicy Steve Nachos Supreme, or iPad Thai (pictured above). Recipes (and more pictures, if you can handle them) here: http://www.thecooksden.com/steve-jobs-cheese-head/

Bon appétit!

Cheers,

bcg (actually, nothing against Steve, but I'm seriously creeped out)
The last time we had a social we had a dick and a titty cake. It's still rumored that Randi sucked the nipple off one of the titties, but I can only imagine what would happen to a mozzarella dick.
Maybe it will have a white, creamy center.
The last time we had a social we had a dick and a titty cake. It's still rumored that Randi sucked the nipple off one of the titties, but I can only imagine what would happen to a mozzarella dick. Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
I suspect that there'll be a call for another social soon to find out.

Cheers,

bcg
Own desire for IPad is great. Cheesehead not so much.
Own desire for IPad is great. Cheesehead not so much. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
As a sculpture, the cheesehead isn't a bad likeness of Jobs. Granted, mozzarella isn't normally the medium used for sculptural portraits, but hey, truly creative artists think outside the box.

As a food item, the cheesehead makes me want to grab the artist by the lapels, smack him about a half-dozen times, and suggest forcefully to him that there are drugs that can help him deal with his problems (some of them even legal, albeit available only by prescription), and perhaps he ought to look into that option.

As for the iPad, I'm waffling. On the one hand, I can see it being useful in some situations (mostly for keeping up with my email while away from home in situations where I don't want to lug my laptop--the iPod Touch truly sux (IMHO) at that), while on the other hand I don't see a lot more utility for a device that is ultimately just an iPod Touch with a pituitary problem.

Then again, I never thought I'd have much use for the iPod Touch either, but then one managed to worm its way into my life and I can't see living without it. It's entirely possible the iPad will do that at some point. We shall see; I may be getting old but I try to keep my mind open.

Cheers,

bcg
Here ya go, bcg (sorry about the orientation, but that's the only way I could attach the photo):
Here ya go, bcg (sorry about the orientation, but that's the only way I could attach the photo): Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I was going to go and reorient the photo and attach it, but I see Mac's beaten me to that.

However, there's a nice beef stroganoff cooking away in the crock pot, so my preoccupation off the board which let Mac sneak that one in under my nose will ultimately pay off nicely.

Meanwhile, I think that Microsoft may have hit on a more practical instantiation of the "giant iPod Touch" idea than the iMat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY

Though I do admit that the iBoard may well fly, especially if it's wallmounted.

Cheers,

bcg