Is the hobby what you had hoped for?

Like anything else in this world, nothing comes for free and if the demand is out there then there shall be a supply. The hobby is no exception, and like many things in the service industry it is a monetary exchange but in a taboo commerce. Sure, it’s the oldest profession in the world but that doesn’t mean society accepts it.

“But Illuminati, the hobby simply is the exchange of money for sex between consenting adults.”

But is it that simple? On the surface I can speculate that – for men - the appeal of the hobby lies in the fact that these sexual interactions are like a wraslin’ match where the actions are scripted and the provider is playing her part, and it probably doesn't matter as “the illusion of passion” is enough for a man’s satisfaction.

If we dig deeper, below the surface, what we do is viewed by society as the underbelly of our civilization, a projection of selfishness that takes advantage of others. It’s like the snake tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden, “take a bite of that apple and all the knowledge of the world will be yours.” But for us it’s much more sinister, “I will give you money for sex, and the money will help pay your bills, get your next fix, or solve your problems.” This is probably a reason society sees the providers as victims as noted by the media in the case of the SGBJ bust. Perhaps they are right that the girls were victims. But was the pimp the predator or was he simply the facilitator? Did he alone force these girls into prostitution, or was there another driving force behind all of it?

I could be wrong, but in that specific case I don’t believe the girls were forced into the hobby by that pimp. I think something bigger tempted them into our naughty little realm: Money. The prospect of easy money by doing something they like and that they can control, perceivably. The temptation was simple, let go of inhibitions, temporarily restrain morality, and fuck a guy they would probably do after a night of clubbing, but this time they would get paid for it!

In my opinion money isn’t the dynamism of the hobby but what money can buy. It buys sex for men. It pays the bills for women. It buys sex for men because they can’t fuck women who are ridiculously hot unless they pay for it, or they have a kinky side that an SO refuses to play but the man can feel comfortable with a provider and not worry about being judged, or men just want to find the quickest way to having sex and avoid complications commonly found in relationships. Money pays the bills, it gets the car fix, it helps pay grandma’s hospital visit, and it buys an iPad mini for Jr. or lay some new carpet because the old one is sticky with cum stains. These, of course, are generalizations on what we do, and if one were to get specific then the real ugly beast would show an abysmal world full of treacherous predators sacrificing victims for selfish reasons. Or maybe that IS what we do…
You sound as if you have gotten bored with the hobby or become bitter towards the lust its centralizes around...lust is a sin afterall along with greed, sloth...oh you get the gist.

Yes this is a writhing pool of sex and money mix in a little power and that's the sum of the dark side we all crave at least a little..

On your note though, sir. I can very much see how someone would turn angry toward this little world of ours. Although, I tend to try and tread the silver linings
You sound as if you have gotten bored with the hobby or become bitter towards the lust its centralizes around...lust is a sin afterall along with greed, sloth...oh you get the gist.

Yes this is a writhing pool of sex and money mix in a little power and that's the sum of the dark side we all crave at least a little..

On your note though, sir. I can very much see how someone would turn angry toward this little world of ours. Although, I tend to try and tread the silver linings Originally Posted by gingerpie
There's no need to be angry at me for merely pointing out the obvious in our lustful world.
it's the ultimate quid pro quo

some things i could do without - and would probably go away if ho'ing went the way of prohibition - but overall, most complaints are 1st world problemish
There's no need to be angry at me for merely pointing out the obvious in our lustful world.
Originally Posted by illuminati
On the contrary, I agree with your very valid point sir. I was saying that it is easy to see how ONE could TURN angry toward this lustfilled little world of ours.

Read what i said again...i thought i made myself clear. But I dont sometimes so Im sure the egg may verywell be on my face
This hobby is what you make of it, is it what I thought it would be? Don't know, I did not know it before I came to wonderland. To much of anything can wear on you, if you don't feel anything anymore, step back, some times a break is all that is needed. Wonderland will always be here.

If one opens the hood and digs deep into the working you may well find grease and grime but I prefer to just admire the entity as it is and not go so deep into thought about it, it's sex, pay for it, don't pay for it, enjoy it, don't enjoy it, that ultimately falls on the individual.

As for the illusion, just about everything is an illusion, take it for what it is, an experience.

IB
it depends on what you were wanting out of it.
the hobby is meant to enhance your life.
not fill a void in it.
take it for what it is, enjoy it, enbrace it , indulge in it, and live completely in the moment.
and when the door to her incall closes behind you ,get on with your life
not fill a void in it.
take it for what it is, enjoy it, enbrace it , indulge in it, and live completely in the moment.
and when the door to her incall closes behind you ,get on with your life Originally Posted by knotty man
Very wise words......
not fill a void in it.
and when the door to her incall closes behind you ,get on with your life Originally Posted by knotty man
<3
The Hobby is the shit. I've scratched so many things off my wish list. I just wish I could find a beautiful woman to piss right in my face and I'd be set.

Little Monster ain't got no chill!!!
But makes me laugh every time.
Little Monster ain't got no chill!!!
But makes me laugh every time. Originally Posted by Miss Valentina
Lol, thank you Darlin!!
The hobby is the shitznik! Introduced me to the beauty of bbbjtccim. Before the hobby, I thought of BJs as a warmup. Well that and the fun of doubles, greek, banging many colors of the rainbow etc.Can't imagine not being able to hobby. Just wish I had more disposable income to throw away. God damn budget!
The Hobby is the shit. I've scratched so many things off my wish list. I just wish I could find a beautiful woman to piss right in my face and I'd be set.

Originally Posted by Little Monster
you and R. Kelley have something in common.
A solid introspective thread. Like an unexpected rain in the midst of a long drought. Thanks!